Adirondack Forum

Adirondack Forum (http://www.adkforum.com/index.php)
-   Forum News and Discussion (http://www.adkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How about a little bit about yourself (http://www.adkforum.com/showthread.php?t=3202)

Justin 10-31-2017 07:21 AM

Since joining in '06 I've been fortunate enough to meet many fellow Adkforum members in person whom I now consider friends, many of which I occasionally hike, camp, paddle, and fish with...and even sometimes do a little work for. Several of them don't post here much anymore, but I'm greatly appreciative for the friendships that I've made through this community over the years.

-Justin

mike 11-20-2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin (Post 263852)
Since joining in '06 I've been fortunate enough to meet many fellow Adkforum members in person whom I now consider friends, many of which I occasionally hike, camp, paddle, and fish with...and even sometimes do a little work for. Several of them don't post here much anymore, but I'm greatly appreciative for the friendships that I've made through this community over the years.

-Justin

Ohhh quit it you softie

Justin 11-21-2017 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike (Post 264324)
Ohhh quit it you softie

:cool:

http://78.media.tumblr.com/0b25dc23c...wop5o1_500.gif

Blackflie 02-27-2018 05:18 PM

cut my teeth in the mountains of Wales, Scotland and the Lake District, been coming down to the Adk a couple of times a year for the last ten years or so from Canada. Arthritis is limiting my activities somewhat, which is typical timing as I am about to retire: talk about sods law. Looking forward to getting a fly rod back in my hand and getting my hammock strung up. Always liked very early May and mid October, the crowds do not seem to have woken up

mmcmdl 12-30-2019 03:17 AM

New Member of the site .

I'm a journeyman machinist / toolmaker living in Md . We've owned ADK Park ( 45 acres ) property up in Stratford / Salisbury for 14 years now . Spent a lot of nights at Arthors in Dolgeville and in the Little Falls hotel before purchasing our land . My family of 5 camp regularly on the property along with our 3 Shelties . We started out in tents and sleeping in the back of a Suburban , but have had a 32 ft TT on our lot for 7 or 8 years now . We love the area and will retire here soon . I love the outdoors , campfires and local beers . I HATE the blackflies . They must love Md. blood . :D

I see this is the first post in a year or so . But hey ...Hiya !

Lucky13 12-31-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmcmdl (Post 279824)
I'm a journeyman machinist / toolmaker living in Md . We've owned ADK Park ( 45 acres ) property up in Stratford / Salisbury for 14 years now . Spent a lot of nights at Arthors in Dolgeville and in the Little Falls hotel before purchasing our land . My family of 5 camp regularly on the property along with our 3 Shelties . We started out in tents and sleeping in the back of a Suburban , but have had a 32 ft TT on our lot for 7 or 8 years now . We love the area and will retire here soon . I love the outdoors , campfires and local beers . I HATE the blackflies . They must love Md. blood . :D

I see this is the first post in a year or so . But hey ...Hiya !

It's not just Maryland blood, they love all blood!!

Nice to hear from you, I have a cousin who has been living in MD since college, and she and her husband bought a place on the Fulton Chain back before you had to win the lottery to do it!!

serotonin 01-01-2020 04:38 AM

Please... Allow Me to Introduce Myself;

My name is Princess-bubbling-Spring-that runs-in the-Meddle.

Sir Hillary Push'emoff.
At your Service.

Who are You...?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viYcHt06oJ0

Call me Bubbles.

wyldeflower 06-16-2020 08:16 PM

Reintroducing "me"

I would like to get back into hiking, again. I'd prefer finding a small group, more than zero, which would mean that I'd be hiking by myself.
Where would I like to hike? Of course, Adirondacks, but I would prefer trails less traveled. If anyone has a suggestion of other singles that may want to hike together, I'd certainly welcome your thoughts. Thank you! - Kim

DuctTape 06-16-2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyldeflower (Post 281936)
I would like to get back into hiking, again. I'd prefer finding a small group, more than zero, which would mean that I'd be hiking by myself.
Where would I like to hike? Of course, Adirondacks, but I would prefer trails less traveled. If anyone has a suggestion of other singles that may want to hike together, I'd certainly welcome your thoughts. Thank you! - Kim

Welcome back Kim.

wyldeflower 06-17-2020 09:24 AM

Thank you DuctTape

billconner 06-27-2021 12:59 PM

just joined

I grew up in Finger Lakes, hiked Marcy twice with Scouts in 60's, moved away after SUNY Potsdam '74, and moved to Clayton and retirement in 2019. Almost fully retired from nearly 40 years of theatre consulting. Mostly interested in paddling but may do a little backpacking.

stripperguy 06-27-2021 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billconner (Post 286207)
I grew up in Finger Lakes, hiked Marcy twice with Scouts in 60's, moved away after SUNY Potsdam '74, and moved to Clayton and retirement in 2019. Almost fully retired from nearly 40 years of theatre consulting. Mostly interested in paddling but may do a little backpacking.

Welcome, Bill, I see you made it successfully to our enclave.
Hope you find tons of helpful info.
How about a pic of your canoe(s)?