Ski Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ski Reports

Yes, there is skiing to report in the Adirondacks. The report formerly on the Jackrabbittrail.org website has been moved to the Barkeater Trails Alliance (BETA) website. Same range of conditions from the weather, groomed centers, Jackrabbit Trail, and selected backcountry destinations. Comments appreciated and incorporated into the basic report when appropriate.

Here's the new link: https://www.betatrails.org/conditions.
    Every time that wheel turns round, bound to measure just a little more ground.

Thanks for posting this update to the forum. The ski report is a great resource. I changed my bookmark.

Comment

Thanks Tony. Valuable resource for sure.

I've been surprised not to see any post storm ski reports on this forum.

I did xc ski at Coles Woods (Crandall park) in Queensberry yesterday. Nicely groomed for both and good coverage except for a few leaves.

Much deeper snow in Clifton Park and tougher skiing local parks except following the very few ski tracks not trampled by walkers. Pine Ridge xc area reportedly has great snow..

Comment

Originally posted by Bob K View Post
        Thanks Tony. Valuable resource for sure.

I've been surprised not to see any post storm ski reports on this forum.

I did xc ski at Coles Woods (Crandall park) in Queensberry yesterday. Nicely groomed for both and good coverage except for a few leaves.

Much deeper snow in Clifton Park and tougher skiing local parks except following the very few ski tracks not trampled by walkers. Pine Ridge xc area reportedly has great snow..
        1. The Adirondacks did not get much snow.

2. This forum has never been big on xc skiing, especially reports.

3. Unfortunately for this forum, most folks use social media these days instead of forums - all the commercial ski areas post daily on Facebook & it is easier for folks to post reports, photos & (ugh) selfies there.
        https://www.facebook.com/adkpaddleski/

https://northeastwild.blogspot.com/

Comment

I was surprised there has been no mention on this forum (that I have seen) of the mid station chalet at Whiteface burning to the ground.

Comment

There was plenty of Facebook mentions on both Adirondack Backcountry Hikers and History and Legends of the Adirondacks.
            Every time that wheel turns round, bound to measure just a little more ground.

Comment

Hi, is there a forum specifically for snowshoeing? I couldn't find one. I am considering a snowshoe hike up to Fish Brook in the LGWF and would like to find out what Pike Brook Road is like in the winter. Can one drive to the trail head parking area and if so, do they plow it? Thanks.
              "Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing."
              - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

You can drive to the Black Mountain/Pike Brook Rd Trailhead and it is generally plowed in the winter (though may not be immediately after a snowstorm).

Comment

Great, thanks very much!
                  "Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing."
                  - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                  X