suggestions for quiet water canoeing/kayaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestions for quiet water canoeing/kayaking

Hi everyone! As a result of a foot injury (with a recovery which may take a couple of months at least), I'm forced off hiking and cycling for the near future and have decided to turn more toward canoeing or kayaking (which my doctor has said is okay). However, having moved here five years ago and having concentrated only on hiking and cycling since then, I have no idea where to go for water activities! So, I'm asking for suggestions: can anyone recommend some good canoe or kayak rental outfits within, say, a 90-minute drive north of the capital region? I'm looking for places right on the water, since with my foot I cannot carry a boat or portage effectively. Thanks!

John

You could try Lake George Kayak Co. on Lake George.

Comment

I think Adirondack Paddle and Pole will bring the boat to the activities. Check his website..it also has a list of ADK paddle outings. I just looked and it is $25 pp for rental and includes getting the boat there. Www.onewithwater.com

Comment

I think West Branch of Sacandaga is nice, but there may be log jams in a few location per other thread. I have scouts kayaking/canoeing this stretch July 6 - 9 if you want support.

Comment

Working...
        X