No announcement yet.

DEC video: Your Choice of Ammunition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, they take the salt out of the ground in NY, then put it on roads in NY from which it goes back into the ground in NY.

Thus, all they are doing is moving it from one spot to another in the state, making the distribution more even statewide
    Ahhh! They can claim it's a form of recycling, so they are doing their job. ​

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGr View Post

So, they take the salt out of the ground in NY, then put it on roads in NY from which it goes back into the ground in NY.

Thus, all they are doing is moving it from one spot to another in the state, making the distribution more even statewide.
      you cannot be serious are you ? Salt is taken from deep underground where it has been for thousands of years. Then it is taken and put on the surface of the roads, and ends up washed into our water supply. My mother’s well was contaminated by NYS spreading road salt, by the way it has traces of cyanid in it.

Oil is also taken from the ground. I have a couple of barrels of used motor oil, can I dump them on your property ?

Comment

Originally posted by St.Regis View Post
        You make it sound like DEChas no hand in the decision making process. I don't buy that
        Like I said, Batchelor has been touting the the use of non-lead armo for years, I was at a presentation he did for the NYS Conservation Council 10 years ago. But DEC doesn't pass legislation, Congress does, and a bill was very close to being passed earlier this year that would ban lead ammo on state lands (and NYC watershed lands). If it passed, DEC would have to enforce it, whereas at this point they simply "encourage" it, and have since Gordon's days, but now they likely see the writing on the wall with Congress.

Check out their meetings in recent years with the NYS Conservation Council, Conservation Fund Advisory Board and Fish & Wildlife Management Board (not to mention the 2021-30 Deer Management Plan) where they report on such things and you will see for yourself how they feel about various things, and how they have to prepare to react. I don't mean to sound like an apologist for them, just calling it as I see it.
        Last edited by Buckladd; 12-07-2022, 10:11 PM.
        Life's short, hunt hard!

Comment

They will pass this legislation regardless of hunters objections. I just wanted to point out the hypocrisy, arrogance, and ignorance of a law like this. It'll be passed by a majority of people who have never laid eyes on, or know the components of a rifle bullet. Like most laws in New York state, it's a "feel good" law made to look like our "legislators" are earning their money. The impact will be felt by a minority of people, us. There are more pressing issues for the DEC to work on, but this bullet law will be low hanging fruit and make big news in the press. My guess is it will be law in the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by chairrock View Post
            Forty six beans for 20 rounds of copper 30/30 150g fn today... pretty box, used to be 12 beans for green box a few years ago....first 30/30 I've seen in over a year plus...
            They won't have to go through the hassle of taking our guns away. A gun without ammunition isn't worth a damn

Comment

Working...
            X