Brookies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brookies

Spent a few days with VTFlyfish and Upstate Dave. The weather was cold and windy but the fish were definitely on the bite. With a hot dry summer I was wondering about the condition of the fish but they were all in superb shape in every pond we fished. It seemed like every time we saw a fish rise we were able to catch it. Great way to end the season and a big thanks to Upstate Dave for a warm bed in his camp and to VT for bringing the Whistle Pig. As an added bonus I got to meet forum member Blue Quill. VT has most of the pictures so I’m sure he’ll be along in the next day or two to post them up.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.
    Last edited by Glen; 10-11-2022, 09:26 PM.
    “Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. They smelled of moss in your hand. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.”
    ― Cormac McCarthy

That looks like an awesome trip! I am always astounded by not just the size, but also the colors of the fish you guys manage to catch. Cannot wait to see the rest of the pics!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    And lungs are poisoned and shoulders bowed,
    In the smothering reek of mill and mine;
    And death stalks in on the struggling crowd?
    But he shuns the shadow of the oak and pine?
    ― George W. Sears Nessmuk, Woodcraft and Camping

Comment

It was a great end to the season with good friends. None better and damn few as good.
      also got to spend a day with our esteemed fly fisher emeritus Creekwader. And Bluequill, so sorry that your first encounter with this group was Glen. That impression will certainly be a difficult one to erase from your memory.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 9 photos.
      Last edited by vtflyfish; 10-12-2022, 02:58 PM.
      Oscar Wilde:Work is the curse of the drinking class

Comment

So glad you guys got together and caught some big beautiful brookies ! They are so pretty in their fall attire! Heck of a fight I’m sure. Thanks for sharing your trip with us guys!
        "Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton

Comment

Beautiful brookies guys. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I wasn't able to get out this fall but will look at these colorful brookies to get through winter until spring time.

Comment

Wow - what a day. Thanks so much for sharing these photos.

Comment

When are you boys going to invite me on one of these trips? I’ll tell you what I’ll even pick the pond. I’ll load the horny beck down with lattes and wobblers would be a humdinger of a weekend!!
              in memory of Jimmy Johnson, an Adirondack Legend

I used to drink a lot. I still do...but I used to, too

http://youtu.be/DJH8iMb2YXk YEEFRICKINYEEE "

Comment

Originally posted by ADKpikebuster View Post
                When are you boys going to invite me on one of these trips? I’ll tell you what I’ll even pick the pond. I’ll load the horny beck down with lattes and wobblers would be a humdinger of a weekend!!
                Change the lattes to Old Fashioned's and you're in.
                “Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. They smelled of moss in your hand. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.”
                ― Cormac McCarthy

Comment

• vtflyfish
                  vtflyfish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Second Glen's comment, Pikebuster. Old Fashioned's at the campsite, tenderloin on the grill, a grand evening after fishing. Do note that our dress code requires a tweed jacket...

Great Brookies guys, looks like a good time.

Comment

Working...
                X