No announcement yet.

1984 & 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here’s a photo of my father & sister from around that same time. Same canoe I still use today...

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
      Ha yeah the “Blue Goose” has been re-patched & re-painted several times over the years. In the first photo I’m actually sitting backwards in the stern seat. I couldn’t quite fit my fat ass in that same position this time around so I had to settle for the bow seat instead.
      Justin:

My father-in-law ran the Blue Goose Tavern in Clemens(just outside of Whitehall). It was located just off Route 9 along Blue Goose Road that forked to the left just after crossing South Bay bridge. The Blue Goose burned to the ground five years after he sold it.
      He was one of the first to make hoagies and got his bread from a bakery in Rutland.

Eagle Ed

Comment

Thanks for sharing Justin. Photos tell a great story by themselves.
        Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Comment

Originally posted by EagleEd View Post
          Justin:

My father-in-law ran the Blue Goose Tavern in Clemens(just outside of Whitehall). It was located just off Route 9 along Blue Goose Road that forked to the left just after crossing South Bay bridge. The Blue Goose burned to the ground five years after he sold it.
          He was one of the first to make hoagies and got his bread from a bakery in Rutland.

Eagle Ed
          Thanks Ed.
          Bummer that it burned down.
          I always thought the blue goose was a cool name.
          My old man used to do a lot of white water canoe races back in the day. I remember as a kid watching from shore as they ran the rapids and waiting for the Goose to come by.

Comment

Great photos.
            http://www.adkwildernessguide.com

Comment

Wow! Now that's a bar from the past...I stopped in there a few times after ice fishing about 35 years ago!! Wow, Im getting old.. Had great atmosphere and cheap drinks. Owner bought us around cause we stayed so long..haha!!
              "Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton

Comment

Working...
              X