Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rADK
    replied
    I can't tell if Arbutus is really out or not http://www.esf.edu/hss/em/huntington/arbutusCam.html

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Ball
    replied
    I went out to floodwood today and scoped it out. There is some open water from the Outfitters to the island, green pond was about half ice half open....open side of course the private end. Polliwog was iced over with a bit open on shore but nothing to fish. As for the smaller ponds in the area they were all solid from shore to shore.

Leave a comment:

• bridgeman
    replied
    What lure or pattern were you using, if you don't mind sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Wldrns
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan Ball View Post
    the chair doesn't mean anything for the other lakes, Lake Flower is pretty much a river. Still got a ways to go with the back water ponds.
    Information about when ice on Lake Flower goes out is just as valuable as it is for a report from any other single point location. Nothing exceptional was implied by the sinking of the chair. If you read the news story it is simply a local point of interest that is fun for some folk to guess at and anticipate. Everyone knows (or should know) there is a very wide range of dates when various bodies of water go soft.
    Last edited by Wldrns; 04-22-2014, 09:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Ball
    replied
    the chair doesn't mean anything for the other lakes, Lake Flower is pretty much a river. Still got a ways to go with the back water ponds.

Leave a comment:

• peskypup
    replied
    Official ice out on Brant Lake was Sunday as well.

Leave a comment:

• Wldrns
    replied
    The big chair sank on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• gmorin71
    replied
    the variation is funny. i spent most of my vacation last week visiting a pond in the daks about as far north as schroon lake that was completely ice free. made me confident enough to hike into one of my favorites that is a pain in the arse to get to and when i got there, 100% completely frozen over. a difference of 600' in elevation but 2 drastically different scenarios

Leave a comment:

• LynnLynn56
    replied
    Here is the web cam we reference for ice conditions: http://phenocam.sr.unh.edu/data/latest/arbutuslake.jpg. Arbutus lake is near Newcomb so one can estimate other ponds based on location and elevation.

Leave a comment:

• EagleCrag
    replied
    Spoke to a friend in Tupper Lake yesterday and he said he walked out on the ice on the lake yesterday (small lake, not Tupper) and it hadn't even loosened up from shore yet. It may be moving out of some lower elevation lakes & larger lakes, but the smaller ponds are still going to be awhile--especially if they are at higher elevations.

Leave a comment:

• Gray Ghost
    replied
    Planning on Hornbecking tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• BleeckerMtn
    replied
    Snow here too :-( eff you winter!

Leave a comment:

• Wldrns
    replied
    78 degrees here yesterday, with just a few small patches of snow left in the open fields where it drifted in hollows. Now today at 3:00 pm it has been snowing for a couple of hours and the ground is completely white again, 1300 feet elevation, on the shoulder of Tug Hill.

Leave a comment:

• DuctTape
    replied
    First Lake in OF is out. Fifth looked open. Some watery patches on 7th and 8th were showing. Raquette right along Rt 28 was open. Cascade Pond outlet was showing and a few holes out in the middle. Shouldn't be long.

Leave a comment:

• Alpine1
    replied
    Old Forge, South Shore road. Twin Ponds and Quiver are out. The same source told me 4th won't last long...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X