Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legal tent sites between Route 28N and Blue shoulder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal tent sites between Route 28N and Blue shoulder?

I will be through hiking SOBO in the near future. Can anyone verify if there is any legal tent sites between Route 28N and before you start the climb of Blue's shoulder?
    If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose has been fulfilled.
    Red Skelton

Tirell Pond LT (and I think there are some associated tent sites) comes up before Blue, SOBO.

But I'm not sure what you meant. The NP doesn't really climb Blue's shoulder, it sort of walks around it. The climb on the NP (the height of land on the whole trail IIRC) is the one north of Salmon River. I don't know of any designated campsites between 28N and that height of land. Of course it's all state land, so at large camping is allowed. And a lot of the area is very flat, especially along the "super long boardwalk" section just south of 28N.

Comment

There is a site to the East of one of the bridges you cross on your way up (SOBO). I cannot recall which creek/drainage off the top of my head. The site is upstream about 100 yds from the trail iirc.
      "There's a whisper on the night-wind, there's a star agleam to guide us, And the Wild is calling, calling . . . let us go." -from "The Call of the Wild" by Robert Service

My trail journal: DuctTape's Journal

Comment

Originally posted by TCD View Post
        Tirell Pond LT (and I think there are some associated tent sites) comes up before Blue, SOBO.

The climb on the NP (the height of land on the whole trail IIRC) is the one north of Salmon River.
        I just looked again after I read this. For some reason I thought the HOL was further south and closer to Tirrell LT

That changes everything.

Thank you.
        If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose has been fulfilled.
        Red Skelton

Comment

Originally posted by DuctTape View Post
          There is a site to the East of one of the bridges you cross on your way up (SOBO). I cannot recall which creek/drainage off the top of my head. The site is upstream about 100 yds from the trail iirc.
          Thank you!
          Red Skelton

Comment

Working...
          X