Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting is off limits on AMR property (Ausable Club) out of Keene Valley. A nice fall hike in that area is to Indian Head. Hiking any of the mountains from that starting point would put you in a no hunting zone near the car and once you get very far from the car you usually don't run into hunters. My experience with hunters is that they usually like to throw their kill on an ATV and drive it out. Can you tell I'm not a hunter?

Comment

Could a person going up to Mt. Marcy get hit by a stray bullet?
      The best, the most successful adventurer, is the one having the most fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil
        Yes
        'I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.' - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

a person going up mt. marcy could also get hit by a stray coconut.

(a swallow could drop it on you)
          Fly Fisher's Anglers Association- a fine drinking club with a fishing problem
          www.GoFlyFish.org

Comment

Originally posted by Adk Keith
            Yes
            True enough... Of course you'd be just as likely to get hit by a stray bullet as you drove up the northway to the trail head. (that is to say... extremely UNlikely).

Comment

Originally posted by sacco
              a person going up mt. marcy could also get hit by a stray coconut.

(a swallow could drop it on you)
              Or maybe two swallows flying with the coconut suspended by a string... but the real question would be... what would be the airspeed velocity?

"On second thought... lets not go to Camelot... tis a silly place"

Comment

Originally posted by Dave K
                True enough... Of course you'd be just as likely to get hit by a stray bullet as you drove up the northway to the trail head. (that is to say... extremely UNlikely).

you're prolly much more likely to get hit by a stray bullet while driving since, as it's been pointed out here - most hunters [epsecially the less responsible ones] don't like to go too far from the road.

any hunter that's serious enough to hike in miles is not gonna be taking 'pot shots'
                Last edited by sacco; 09-16-2004, 03:48 PM.
                www.GoFlyFish.org

Comment

Originally posted by Dave K

You're far more likely to get hit by another car or a deer on your way to the trailhead, than a hunter’s bullet.
                  A man needs to believe in something. I believe I'll go hiking.

http://community.webshots.com/user/lumberzac

Comment

Thought this would be useful

Big Game Hunting Seasons

Comment

My point is, if I'm getting this right, it's legal to hunt all over the high peaks region. I'm totally flabbergasted. That's all. I think I'll wear a bright orange jersey on my next trip. So why not have the hunters weed out all the habituated bears from the Marcy Dam - Flowed Lands corridor before setting up the bear cannister law? They could use packs hung in trees as bear bait.
                      Seriously, I could pack a gun up the trail to, say, Gothics if I felt like it and maybe fire off a few rounds for practice? Michael Moore where are you?
                      The best, the most successful adventurer, is the one having the most fun.

Comment

Uh, is that an African or a European Swallow?

Comment

My point is, if I'm getting this right, it's legal to hunt all over the high peaks region. I'm totally flabbergasted. That's all. I think I'll wear a bright orange jersey on my next trip. So why not have the hunters weed out all the habituated bears from the Marcy Dam - Flowed Lands corridor before setting up the bear cannister law? They could use packs hung in trees as bear bait.
                          Seriously, I could pack a gun up the trail to, say, Gothics if I felt like it and maybe fire off a few rounds for practice? Michael Moore where are you?

Most hunters won't hunt where they know they will run into people. Other people in the hunting area scare away game. Plus most hunters understand it isn't safe to fire a gun in an area where they might hit a person.

Comment

also, imagine carrying out a 400# bear back 5 miles to the car.
                            www.GoFlyFish.org

Comment

Originally posted by sacco
                              also, imagine carrying out a 400# bear back 5 miles to the car.
                              I bet you could drad one using a pack of llamas.

Comment

giddyup!
                                www.GoFlyFish.org

Comment

Working...
                                X