Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick
    replied
    There is a report on VFTT for 12/3-12/4 of over two feet of snow in the Lake Tear/Four Corners area.

Dick

Leave a comment:

• lumberzac
    replied
    Heard reports that there is about 12" - 24" on Marcy this past weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Rick
    replied
    Was in Indian Pass over the weekend. Temps got down to 2 degrees on Fri night and about 25 last night.
    There were about 8 inches as you started getting a little higher in els. about 2 inches fell last night. Not much around the FSM.

Leave a comment:

• natebecker
    replied
    its getting there...

I live/work at the loj and it feels like winter at least, tonight's supposed to dip down to 0-5 degrees. There's about 4 inches on the ground here. My friend went up Cascade/Porter today and said there's about a foot on the summit. I was up a few days ago and there was about 6 inches on Cascade. It's not a pleasant time for hiking because there is not enough snow for snow shoes, but the trails are slippery with the snow and ice.

We are hoping for a big dump very soon, its just been an inch here, an inch there. There's a storm headed our way Monday/Tuesday but again there's a good possibility of ice/rain with that.

I'm about to go cross country ski around property and maybe attempt the old road to marcy dam. wish me luck.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied
    50/50 shot. The weather systems have been pulling a lot of warm air up ahead and it's been most rain/ice followed by a cold day or two. There's a link to one of the colleges somewhere that will get you a real-time shot of Whiteface...

But looks alone can be decieving as ice mixed with a little snow looks about the same as 4 feet on top.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Corry
    started a topic Snow!

Snow!

What are the snow conditions like in the high peaks right now?? I plan on making a mission sometime around the 17th or so. Am i gonna have enough snow for a tour???
Working...
X