West Mill Brook/ Dix Trail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Mill Brook/ Dix Trail

Has anyone been there recently? I was curious about the road condition between the Northway and the gate. Passable? Blowdown or deep ruts? I walked in from Rt 9 in the spring but was hoping to shave off a couple of miles this time.

Was there recently. The river is low as of today (before the rain comes today and tonight - Monday) and is fordable in a car, high clearance vehicles are always better here. The only ruts are the usual ones after the Northway tunnel and they are again, doable in a car with careful driving but better in a high clearance vehicle. Be careful - It is still hunting season for 1 more week and that area is very popular...

Comment

Originally posted by Festus View Post
      Was there recently. The river is low as of today (before the rain comes today and tonight - Monday) and is fordable in a car, high clearance vehicles are always better here. The only ruts are the usual ones after the Northway tunnel and they are again, doable in a car with careful driving but better in a high clearance vehicle. Be careful - It is still hunting season for 1 more week and that area is very popular...
      Thank you Festus. Yes, I have an F150 no problem fording the stream and the ruts after the Northway. I didn't want to face turning around or backing up in that section if there were any issues.

Comment

Working...
      X