Clear All

• Cycle Adirondacks

Anyone doing the ride?

Almost everyday.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EastOfMidnight View Post
      Anyone doing the ride?
      I was hoping to this year but last year I got put on a different shift at work, and did not have those dates off. If I stay on my same shift and they keep the dates the same I should be able to finally do this in 2020, it looks fantastic!
      Shoes not required

44/46 Almost there!
      26/46 barefoot
      ADK Black River Chapter

Comment

Hoping to do one this year as well.

Comment

I'm still planning on their Ultimate Cycling Vacation for 2020. However I am toying with the idea of doing the Paul Smiths Weekender first, to see how that goes and it looks like it lines up with my time off this year. I hadn't been on the bike yet this year but a couple of times before last week, so training for it won't be the best, but I think I'll go for it.

http://cycleadirondacks.com/weekender/
          Shoes not required

44/46 Almost there!
          26/46 barefoot
          ADK Black River Chapter

Comment

So I did do the Weekender at Paul Smiths, was a blast! A very nicely done and organized event. I'll definitly be back again for future events that jive with my schedule, and hopefully the Ultimate Cycling Vacation next year.

Weather was a mixed bag that got worse... Friday was great, Saturday was mixed with some sprinkles (luckily I was at the Fish Creek Ponds rest stop under shelter and waited it out) but majority of the ride was great, then Sunday it rained all morning and I bailed on that day. Nice thing about the Weekender is it's all based out of Paul Smiths so you can opt out of a ride if you want, they have plenty of off bike alternatives, rock climbing, hiking, canoeing, etc. The weekender is a good value too, but if you opt to stay on site at the dorm rooms they're a bit pricey for what you get IMO. I've got to remember to bring my own air mattress or something next year, and a fan (no AC and it was kind of hot that weekend).

I'll share a few pics...

Friday's afternoon ride

Some of the views on Friday

Friday rest stop

Lakeside BBQ at Paul Smith's

Saturdays ride (I skipped a little section of Saranac Lake since I was running behind)

Mandatory stop at Donnelly's

View near Donnelly's

Saturday's dinner and entertainment was at the VIC, plus I went on a nice short hike there

Presentation Saturday evening from the Adirondack Center for Loon Conservation

Loon shot right from the shore near the dorm, too bad the lighting totally sucked

Would like to have done the Sunday ride but had a blast Friday and Saturday
            Shoes not required

44/46 Almost there!
            26/46 barefoot
            ADK Black River Chapter

Comment

Was that Gary Lee speaking about the Loon Conservation? It's been a few years since I've seen him, so I can't tell for sure from the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky13 View Post
                Was that Gary Lee speaking about the Loon Conservation? It's been a few years since I've seen him, so I can't tell for sure from the picture.
                I'm so sorry I've forgot his name. I missed the first few minutes. Really nice and knowledgeable with Loons, I do recall he said he was from the western side of the Adirondacks. His wife was there as well.
                Shoes not required

44/46 Almost there!
                26/46 barefoot
                ADK Black River Chapter

Comment

Working...
                X