Neil is at it again! this years fundraiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil is at it again! this years fundraiser

Neil has been training for 5 months in order to take on his latest fundraiser, a through hike of the 46 from Esther to Seward starting February 14. It will not be a totally unsupported hike as we will be do a couple resupplies along the way, However once he starts he will not be stepping foot in a car or building (well except lean to's) the entire time.

More information (a lot more) on the Foundation Website
    Winter Through Hike 2024 – ADKHighpeaks Foundation

We have a Facebook page dedicated to the hike which will also provide updates often both before and during the hike
    ADK Winter 46 Through Hike 2024. 17 likes · 22 talking about this. Proceeds from this fundraiser to benefit the Forest Rangers Foundation

Last edited by adkjack; 01-04-2024, 03:57 PM. Reason: Wrong link
    "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
    Ed Viesturs

Jack - you and Neil should try and get him onto the 46 of 46 podcast sometime between now and the start of his through hike. It would be a great way to promote the fundraiser.

Comment

Donation page isn’t working, FYI. Don’t know the issue, but it’s failed to allow me to donate a couple times both last night and today.

Comment

Originally posted by NJTom View Post
        Donation page isn’t working, FYI. Don’t know the issue, but it’s failed to allow me to donate a couple times both last night and today.
        Seems to be working try this link
        Help ADKHighpeaks Foundation reach their goal by donating or sharing with your friends.
        "Climbing is about freedom. There's no prize money; there are no gold medals. The mountains are all about going there to do what you want to do. That's why I'll never tell anyone else how to climb. All I can say is, This is how I prefer to do it."
        Ed Viesturs

Comment

• NJTom
          NJTom commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. I don’t have a PayPal account and it’s not going through on the debit/credit card option. I’ll keep trying.

Originally posted by NJTom View Post
        Jack - you and Neil should try and get him onto the 46 of 46 podcast sometime between now and the start of his through hike. It would be a great way to promote the fundraiser.
        Also thanks for the suggestion. I reached out to James and he is excited about doing an episode with Neil!
        Ed Viesturs

Comment

• NJTom
          NJTom commented
          Editing a comment
          Can’t wait to hear it! James does such a great job in general, especially with the interview episodes. And I’m sure Neil has one or two stories he could tell.

NJTom we also accept beads, trinkets and checks😁 at
        ADK Highpeaks Foundation
        PO Box 650
        DeWitt, NY 13214
        Ed Viesturs

Comment

• NJTom
          NJTom commented
          Editing a comment
          Beads are in the mail!

Best of luck, Neil. If anyone can do this, it’s you. Stay safe!

Comment

So we have had several members here who are not on Facebook offer to assist on Neils Thru Hike. We certainly do not want any of our wonderful members to miss out on any of the fun!
          Here is the direct link to the information page on the Foundation website with maps,and files and ("twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy photographs with circles
          and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was​") well maybe not the last part but everything else.

We also have a nifty sign up/registration form you can fill out once you figure out if and when you want to join in the fun after seeing the "Master Plan" in the link above. Right now that form is for the days we do not have firm commitments on and we will contact you with more details and stuff via email after you sign up.

So there you go! looking foreword to hearing from folks!
          Ed Viesturs

Comment

Very Exciting Update
            We are happy to announce that through the generosity and support of the hiking community we have already reached our initial goal of $5,000 and Neil has not even started the Thru Hike!

Our hope was to raise enough that we could at least donate $2,500 to the Forest Ranger Foundation and still have funds available of other grants and expenses. Now that we reached the original goal we have made the decision to up that donation to $3,000 as a base and every dollar now above that $5K will now go directly to the Forest Ranger Foundation on top of the $3K!

Thanks to everyone who has supported this effort so far

More information can be found on the ADK Highpeaks Foundation Here

Ed Viesturs

Comment

Working...
            X