• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin
    replied
    Originally posted by stripperguy View Post
    Justin,
    I gotta say, I think you?re right!!
    My darling girlfriend says this all the time.

Leave a comment:

• stripperguy
    replied
    Justin,
    I gotta say, I think you’re right!!
    The angle is right, bears usually swim much flatter…
    As a best guess, whatever it was occasionally showed part of itself (or all??) to be around 2-3 ft long.
    I’ve seen plenty of large snappers that big

Leave a comment:

• Justin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Justin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Justin
    replied
    For what ever reason this website will not let me share all 3 of these photos at once, so I am posting them separately. This first photo is zoomed on one of the photos posted above. The other two photos look very similar to me.

Leave a comment:

• stripperguy
    replied
    All you guys are too funny...I had the images up on a large screen TV, it surely looks like ursus americanus to me.

Leave a comment:

• Zach
    replied
    My guess is that it was an ichthyosaur.

Leave a comment:

• Justin
    replied
    Large snapping turtle. You can see its shell in the first photo below the deer photo.

Here?s a photo from Google for comparison.

Last edited by Justin; 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tuccarammahacking
    replied
    That could be a casteroides. I believe you.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• stripperguy
    replied
    Originally posted by St.Regis View Post
    My guess is a big log. Half is fully water logged and stuck on the bottom and the other half can barely float, circling around in an eddy
    Haha, that?s what I thought too, but it was moving way too much and in too many directions.
    It also disappeared for a few hours and then returned, but not quite as close.

Leave a comment:

• St.Regis
    replied
    My guess is a big log. Half is fully water logged and stuck on the bottom and the other half can barely float, circling around in an eddy

Leave a comment:

• geogymn
    replied
    Can't tell by the images but sounds like an Otter by its behavior?

Leave a comment:

• stripperguy
    started a topic Anyone's guess?

Anyone's guess?

As I sat at a campsite on Shallow Lake, I saw a log being blown by the strong winds. It was poking up at one end only, maybe a 30 degree angle.
    Odd...
    Well, it wasn't drifting with the wind, in fact it changed direction.
    OK, so it's a beaver, there's tons of activity within a stone's throw.

But this thing looked very different from the many beavers I've seen and watched throughout the years.
    Very blunt on the end, and when the waves were just right, I could see that it was big.

Whatever it was, it clearly saw me, did a few passes left right and then swam farther away. Occasionally, it would drop below the surface, but pop up again quickly. About twenty minutes of this, and it was gone.
    I noticed it again, in the late afternoon, I tried to get any sort of photo, maybe clear enough if you zoom in to figure out what it was.
    I have my guess, bit I'm not talking...

Anyway, here's all the pics I have:

Oops, wrong pic!

If none of these are clear enough, here's a link to the same pics on google photos, maybe you can zoom in better there...they're the last couple of photos.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QPrdbdQv4XeFXfm77
Working...
X