Spring birds headed your way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring birds headed your way

Heard WhiteThroats and saw a immature RedWing Blackbird today. Dang, its only February. Was the woodchuck wrong?

and now chipmunks, a hibernator, are out 6weeks early

Comment

saw a couple of chips this past week too.

Comment

Two days ago I saw FOY redwings and grackles.

Comment

The geese were high flying over Rochester two days ago in the PM. I'll bet they are confused today!

Happy Lent!

Comment

They definitely are confused if not also smart. A friend in Michigan told me two days ago large flocks of geese were headed SOUTH!
            I guess they went north to soon.

A flock of grackles and blackbirds have arrived today. I expect to see robins soon since they often travel together.
            Last edited by Woodly; 02-27-2020, 11:33 AM.

Comment

This is the time of year for snow geese, here at the east end of Lake Ontario, though I haven't seen any yet myself. I don't see them every year, they fly higher and their honking sounds a bit different somehow. We won't be seeing migrating Canada geese for a while yet but the ones that hang around all winter not far south and east of here will occasionally fly by at odd times, at low altitudes and in small numbers.
              Zach

Comment

I saw a flock of canadian geese flying north past my office window in Troy. On the way home I saw flocks of them in Halfmoon picking through a harvested corn field.

Comment

I'd bet that after this next storm passes we all will see quite an influx of migrators and hibernators coming around.

Comment

Bumped into a small flock of bluebirds today whilst on a hike....Upper Mohawk Valley.
                    "A culture is no better than its woods." W.H. Auden

Comment

I live in northern Washington County and have had chipmunks for two weeks. One tried getting into my cellar door the other day. It's been a good winter for birds, many cardinals this year.
                      Life's short, hunt hard!

Comment

Many flocks, small and large, of geese were flying north this morning. I haven't seen a robin but a neighbor has. I did hear an owl this morning and I assume its time for mating.

Comment

Lots of geese have shown up the last couple days, both Canadas and snows

Comment

With nearly 50° in Rochester yesterday, the noisy V's were up high in the sky big time, Likely more snow to come (I never put the shovel away until Mother's Day), but the light at the end of the tunnel is glowing very brightly now!

Comment

Working...
                            X