Haunted Giant Mountain campsite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sp_nyp View Post
    I had a scary experience with a Ouija board once with my bro-in-law.

We immediately tried to burn the board, but it would not burn.
    Noooooo, never burn a Ouija board! There have been a lot of stories about people burning them and none of them are good.

Comment

I love it when interesting old threads pop back up!!! I've stayed at that campsite a lot, probably at least 20 nights and never had anything weird happen... but another reason people may have strange experiences there is that people occaisionally throw themselves off the falls on purpose... hasn't happened for prob 5 years now, but it happens more than you'd think.
      "Ahh! The old fishing hole... so peaceful and relaxing. Doesn't even matter if I catch a single fish -- ah! Come on you stupid fish, take the bait! Don't make me come down there!" -Homer Simpson

Comment

So tell me, what sort of stuff are you guys smoking when you see these ghosts?

Comment

I was there again over the 4th of July weekend. I never have seen or heard anything weird. My guess on the ghosts is people on the higher camp sights talking and people in the haunted campsite don't expect the sound to carry down so well.

It is interesting to know that so many people died on that mountain. Might be just a story but makes for great a ghost story to scare the kids.

Originally posted by Rusty and the Maniac View Post
          I love it when interesting old threads pop back up!!! I've stayed at that campsite a lot, probably at least 20 nights and never had anything weird happen... but another reason people may have strange experiences there is that people occaisionally throw themselves off the falls on purpose... hasn't happened for prob 5 years now, but it happens more than you'd think.

Comment

we stopped at the top of the falls on our way down giant last summer. i had read in the paper about someone falling a short time earlier. the rock to the right of the water, facing the direction of it's flow doesn't have a sharp edge to it, it's a realy gradual curve. it seemed like you could walk out much further than i felt safe doing. there were tents all over the place. i'm not sure why people like to camp at this spot so much. the road is about a mile away.

Comment

Roaring Brook Falls Claims a 12 year old

Originally posted by Skyclimber View Post
              It's appearing there is a trend here where it is mainly young boys and men who are being killed at Roaring Brook Falls. Kind of creepy, in my opinion.

I'm still doing a little Research to see what else I might find for deaths at Roaring Brook Falls.
              On 3/13/2016 Connor S. McLaughlin, 12 years old, was killed by an 800 lb bolder that dislodged naturally and fell 100 feet from above. He and his uncle were passing by on 73 when they decided to take a close-up look at the falls.

Comment

My son (12 years old at the time) and I bushwhacked to the base of the falls and stood at the exact same place of impact. I can't imagine how Connor's uncle/guardian felt when the boulder hit his nephew.
                "Now he walks in quiet solitude the forest and the streams
                Seeking grace in every step he takes
                His sight has turned inside himself to try and understand
                The serenity of a clear blue mountain lake" -John Denver

Comment

This para normal stuff trivializes the death of the young hiker.
                  Trees fall in the woods, boulders roll down mountainsides.
                  Totally out of the control of us mortals.
                  Get a grip.
                  Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Greeneyezz View Post
                    Yeah, I know this is a Far Cry away
                    Are you a gamer? Far Cry 3?

More on topic though, Calamity Brooke has always kinda creeped me out. I solo hike and being alone doesn't bother me. Never saw anything but it just seems like you have a feeling of being watched nonstop and that is also where I crossed a bridge and it collapsed. Still not sure why that happened but when I went back the next weekend, that same feeling was there. Otherwise I have been ghost free!
                    46er: 3/46
                    Tupper Lake Triad: #23 WSD & #405 SSD
                    Saranac 6er: 3/6

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/uphillbothways/

Comment

Roaring Brook Falls

Originally posted by Hard Scrabble View Post
                      This para normal stuff trivializes the death of the young hiker.
                      Trees fall in the woods, boulders roll down mountainsides.
                      Totally out of the control of us mortals.
                      Get a grip.
                      Jim
                      Certainly didn't want to trivialize the death of Connor McClaughlin. He was simply out enjoying the beauty of the falls with his uncle when this tragedy happened. I was there that day, called 911, and though I never met the boy a day doesn't go by that I don't think about him and his uncle.

Comment

Working...
                      X