Volunteers Needed - The Long Path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volunteers Needed - The Long Path

The Long Path North Hiking Club (LPNHC) will be building bog bridging on section 32 (Cotton Hill) of the Long Path. This section of located near Middleburgh in Schoharie County. All of the lumber has been purchased and the required permits from NYSDEC have been received. We will be working on June 25th and June 26th. Please come and help us improve this trail. If you are interested, send me a private message and I will contact you directly with details.

Thanks,
    Dave

Does the Long Path hook up with Vroman's Nose?

Comment

Yes, it does. From Vroman's it proceeds north to the Middleburgh Cliffs and then on to Cotton Hill. It then continues on to Thatcher Park. We need help bridging a wet area below Cotton Hill.

Many hands make light work...

Comment

Do you need any equipment? Trailer, chainsaws, cordless drills, generator, etc?
        Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Comment

The lumber includes 6x6 and 4x4 cross members already cut to length. The rest is 2x10's that we will cut on-site. All cordless drills and saws are very welcome. We have about 160 pieces of lumber that have to be moved 0.5 mile to the site. A couple of Boy Scout Troops are sending a few scouts to help. There is even an outside chance this could become an Eagle Scout project.

Comment

Our trail work weekend is this Saturday and Sunday. It's always a great feeling to give something back. All volunteers are welcome. Hoping you can join us.

Dave

Comment

The LPNHC with tremendous help from 2 Boy Scout Troops completed 190' of bog bridging on the Cotton Hill section of the Long Path. My sincere thanks to everyone who helped.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X