Denali webcams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denali webcams

Live webcam feed from our offices at the incredible Lake Hood in Anchorage Alaska. Home base for all of our Anchorage and South East tours and trips.

sigpic

Once a year, go some where you've never been before.

Such a beautiful place. I am hoping, that someday i will have the chance to head over that way. It remains a "must see" place for me.
    ...And all that could have been.

Comment

That's SO cool, thanks for sharing!! What a neat site.
      Videos --- Camp Loonsong --- Mountains Climbed

Comment

I'm hoping to make it out there this summer for a conference in Fairbanks. I might try to stretch it into a vacation by staying a little longer.

I'm in the process of planning the trip and looking for ideas for smallish hikes and mountains (ie, Adirondack sized mountains, not a monster like Ranier or McKinley).
        Has anyone been out there?
        any advice?
        He found himself wondering at times, especially in the autumn, about the wild lands, and strange visions of mountains that he had never seen came into his dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbitling View Post
          I'm hoping to make it out there this summer for a conference in Fairbanks. I might try to stretch it into a vacation by staying a little longer.

I'm in the process of planning the trip and looking for ideas for smallish hikes and mountains (ie, Adirondack sized mountains, not a monster like Ranier or McKinley).
          any advice?
          sent you a PM
          sigpic

Comment

looking pretty awesome today!!

check it out: http://www.talkeetnaair.com/webcam/index.html
            sigpic

Comment

Looks like the trip is coming together nicely. Thanks for the hookup Kevin.

I'll be heading up to Fairbanks June 21st, spending two nights hiking and camping in Denali, and then attending the conference June 24-28. Expect many photos.
              I'm psyched!!
              He found himself wondering at times, especially in the autumn, about the wild lands, and strange visions of mountains that he had never seen came into his dreams.

Comment

any advice?
                Mt Healy is a relatively easy hike in Denali. There is an overlook part way up, which I think is where most people stop and then turn around. I went a ways past the overlook, but not all the way to the summit. The trail was well defined and easy to follow, and it starts/ends at the visitor center.

Aside from that, you can hike anywhere in the park. I didn't research trails, but if you take one of the buses into the middle of the park, they'll pull over and let you out where ever you want. You can then flag down a bus later to get a ride back.

Day 5 of my pictures has the Healy hike.

The Museum of the North at UA Fairbanks is worth your time while you are there too.

And of course, eat as much fresh salmon as you can.
                ADKHP Wiki

Comment

you can hike anywhere in the park
                  dayhike, yes. overnight, no. You're assigned a particular section in the park for overnighters, and that's after you've passed the scrutiny of the rangers (and they make sure you have a bear canister, etc.).
                  sigpic

Comment

The three weeks I spent in Alaska were the best of any trip I've taken in my life. Camped out at Wonder Lake for a couple of days. It's about 90 miles into Denali National Park but the converted school bus took 5 hours on dirt road to get there. Considering it was the end of July and the rainy season, we were treated to some remarkable views of Denali (Mt. McKinley as you late comers call it) and the Alaska Range. If the weather's good, a plane ride over the range is breathtaking. You can also visit Jeff King's Iditarod training site. Another great place to hike is Denali State Park which overlooks Denali and doesn't have all the permit restrictions the national park has (as of 2000).

Comment

and I forgot to mention the Denali Smoke Shack!

Comment

well I only have two days of "fun time"

Comment

well I only have two days of "fun time"
                          Beg, borrow, steal (don't quote me) and do everything to extend your stay...I promise you won't regret it.

Comment

Working...
                          X