Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L.L.Bean IS THE BEST STORE I HAVE EVER BOUGHT ANYTHING FROM, HANDS DOWN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've owned several hiking and camping products from LL Bean over the years and found most all to be of very good quality. A few items that didn't live up to expectations or had issues, LL Bean replaced them without any question. I've also owned a pair of the LL Bean Cresta leather Gore-Tex hiking boots and they've been exceptional...good grip, never had any blisters, and the soles and stitching has held up and still going strong after two+ 46R rounds and countless other climbs / 13+ years. I'd buy additional LL Bean products without any hesitation.

My understanding of the Bean warranty is that as long as the product has "useful life left", they'd honor the warranty if you're not satisfied with the product. If you got your worth out of the product and it's fully worn out, then not.

Comment

Bean is great. The stuff might not be "stylish", but i have lots of bean stuff that has outlasted a lot of other brands. I've only had to use the returns once or twice, but never had a problem with it. I don't get all my stuff from them, mostly cause i love getting thigs on sale, but i really like most of what i've gotten fro them .
      "Ahh! The old fishing hole... so peaceful and relaxing. Doesn't even matter if I catch a single fish -- ah! Come on you stupid fish, take the bait! Don't make me come down there!" -Homer Simpson

Comment

Have been reading the different posts on the subject of LL Bean's customer service. Although, I agree it is a great policy, I am conscious of the effect the Return policy has on the environment. I know that some of the more wearable stuff ends up in their Employee's store, more of it ends up in landfills.

Comment

-1 to the Merrell's. Had a pair that got wet and they shrunk up to the point I couldn't wear them. Called CS and they pretty much told me I was SOL. So I bought a pair of Keen's that have held up to daily wear and light hiking for the last 4 yrs. No issues

Comment

Originally posted by hike53 View Post
            Have been reading the different posts on the subject of LL Bean's customer service. Although, I agree it is a great policy, I am conscious of the effect the Return policy has on the environment. I know that some of the more wearable stuff ends up in their Employee's store, more of it ends up in landfills.
            All of it, everything, including us, ends up in the landfill. Unless you have figured out a way to take it with you to the other side. ;0)

Someday they will mine landfills.

Comment

Some of the returns wind up in local Goodwill stores. Some of the more regrettable buying decisions (orange plaid comes to mind) also winds up there despite never having been sold.

Comment

Three levels of returns outside of Maine. the first two ,back on the floor or back to the employees store. Everything else is destroyed. Just a clarification

Comment

Working...
                X