Prompt to download chrome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prompt to download chrome?

Anyone else getting a sketchy redirect to "update chrome" when they access this forum on chrome? Seems like maybe the forums have been compromised?

Same here. It said I could not view content until I updated my browser. But then allowed me in.

Comment

Looks like another security breach

Comment

Same. For me started on Sat Apr 23rd.

Comment

I got the same thing too...

Comment

I don't on my Android running Chrome. Are the reports on a computer or on a phone?

Comment

I got it also, must be a scam
              Be careful, don't spread invasive species!!

When a dog runs at you,whistle for him.
              Henry David Thoreau

CL50-#23

Comment

I thought it was my computer at first and tried to flush it out, but it happens on my phone as well (iPhone). It's definitely something with this webpage.

Comment

I'm not seeing it, neither viewing nor when I log in.

Running up to date Chrome, Windows 10 on a desktop.

Comment

Happened on a couple forum type websites. Was using my android phone.
                    "There's a whisper on the night-wind, there's a star agleam to guide us, And the Wild is calling, calling . . . let us go." -from "The Call of the Wild" by Robert Service

My trail journal: DuctTape's Journal

Comment

It's happening on both my phone and computer, and using multiple browsers. The page it redirects you to is a malware site posing as a Google Chrome update page.

Don't click any links there!

Comment

Originally posted by trailnotfound View Post
                        It's happening on both my phone and computer, and using multiple browsers. The page it redirects you to is a malware site posing as a Google Chrome update page.

Don't click any links there!
                        Yep. The domain for the page was only registered a few days ago.
                        "There's a whisper on the night-wind, there's a star agleam to guide us, And the Wild is calling, calling . . . let us go." -from "The Call of the Wild" by Robert Service

My trail journal: DuctTape's Journal

Comment

You don't have to change your browser to Chrome if you quickly click on any topic on this site as the "scam" gives up at that point.
                          Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Comment

I get the same scam popup for a Chrome update even though I'm using Safari.

Comment

Originally posted by Schultzz View Post
                              You don't have to change your browser to Chrome if you quickly click on any topic on this site as the "scam" gives up at that point.
                              Yes, and it sure tests one's speed reading skills! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X