Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Your Drink of Choice "By the Fireside"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Your Drink of Choice "By the Fireside"?

When I'm planted next to the fire ring, I like my 9yr old bourbon of choice; Knob Creek. Nothing like tasting the barrel on a cold winter night! Give me a double
    "Now he walks in quiet solitude the forest and the streams
    Seeking grace in every step he takes
    His sight has turned inside himself to try and understand
    The serenity of a clear blue mountain lake" -John Denver

Originally posted by Bucknut View Post
    When I'm planted next to the fire ring, I like my 9yr old bourbon of choice; Knob Creek. Nothing like tasting the barrel on a cold winter night! Give me a double

My preferences by location:

Fire ring-everything tastes good but I like scotch or Drambuie the best. Runner up Yukon Jack. Also anything Vtflyfish is willing to carry.

Home in winter by the fire- Old Fashioned or Manhattan. I usually use Makers Mark and not sure with mixing if a better bourbon makes a difference. I have yet to try Knob Creek. The year is young though.
    “Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. They smelled of moss in your hand. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.”
    ― Cormac McCarthy

Comment

Ice cold beer.

Comment

I'm gonna get beat up for this...

I like a fresh brewed cup of Earl Grey, from loose leaf, not that bagged and homogenized junk!

Comment

When we lost power for 11 days here after Hurricane Sandy we started ending the evening each day in our 40 degree house with some Hennessy Cognac...I think it's now become a habit!!

Comment

H20

Comment

Amaretti di Saronno
              ADK 46-R # 6750W
              CL-50 #51
              CATSKILLS 9/35
              NPT--Complete 7-6-13

Comment

Originally posted by stripperguy View Post

I like a fresh brewed cup of Earl Grey, from loose leaf, not that bagged and homogenized junk!
                Sounds good - with a little Jamesons added!!
                “Death is the only wise advisor that we have. Whenever you feel, as you always do, that everything is going wrong and you're about to be annihilated, turn to your death and ask if that is so. Your death will tell you, 'I haven't touched you yet.” Carlos Castenada

Comment

Not picky, I'll drink anything you got, even the Earl Grey (preferably with the Jamesons)
                  "A culture is no better than its woods." W.H. Auden

Comment

Originally posted by stripperguy View Post

Drambuie..tea if on a solo trip. But I will get beat up for bringing bagged...

Comment

Hot Damn! Another Knob Creek fan! Thats mine all the way!

Ed

Comment

A good strong cup of Joe
                        "If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Comment

Jack Daniels Black and/or Makers Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Alpine1 View Post
                            H20

Comment

Traditionally, my favorite drink for any time of the day outdoors is hazelnut coffee.

For some trips I have been known to pack in a bottle of beer or two. The exact kind doesn't matter, so long as the words "Budweiser," "Coors," "Miller," or "Labbatts" appear nowhere on the labeling.

For Christmas I got a bottle of maple-flavored rye whiskey that is intended for future nights in the woods. However, I have already had a few samples and I am worried that my next camping trip won't come soon enough!

Comment

Working...
                              X