Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2005, 03:23 PM   #1
Green Butted Skunk
ΚΑΝΝΑΒΕΙΣ

Horseshoe Pond

These pics are froma recent trip to Horseshoe Pond in the Saranac Lake area. The majority of fish were taken,(by my brother) on a gold/silver spilt size 1 Wobbler and worm. I mainly fished a bucktail and a Yozri dragged behind the boat. As you can see the Yozri took the biggest fish, although the bucktail took a few and is always guaranteed to bring on a fierce strike and fight.

GBS
Green Butted Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 04:08 PM   #2
ken999

Nice looking fish!
ken999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 05:27 PM   #3
wildbrookies

Nice looking trout GBS...

Looks like a very nice pond with not too much preesure.The trout look above average there also...

Nice pics of the sunrise and sunset... :headbang:

Looks like the humidity is hitting up there also.Did it get really warm like down here?

WB
"Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton
wildbrookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 09:14 PM   #4
Green Butted Skunk
ΚΑΝΝΑΒΕΙΣ

Pond

Yea it was pretty warm during the heat of the day. Went back to camp and slept. Jumped in the pond and headed back after them for the evening bite. All but 3 fish were caught just after sunrise. Not much pressure at all. Too many ponds in the immediate area to be very busy. The stickbaits always take some good size fish, I sometimes tie one to my flyrod when Im in a boat or in a fly rod and reel only area.

GBS
Old 06-26-2005, 09:17 PM   #5
marzrw

GBS,

Very nice photos. Sunrise shots were cool. The water looked like glass. That is always neat, but doesn't a little bit of chop make the fishing better? Don't fish ponds as much as we'd like to. HorseShoe looks nice.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:32 PM   #6
pondhopper
Have creel; will travel

Nice fish, GBS ! I think tactics may have been the key versus pressure.
--"Pete You***?!, Pete You***'s grandson?!...That name is nearly sacred & uttered with awe in THIS house!" : The late Dr. Reed's wife, upon entering her house & being introduced- so to converse with her husband about the old days, a little before he died. The kind of greeting you'll never forget & reinforces your image of the hero you never met. --
pondhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 09:55 PM   #7
Green Butted Skunk
ΚΑΝΝΑΒΕΙΣ

Pond

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzrw
GBS,
The water looked like glass. That is always neat, but doesn't a little bit of chop make the fishing better?

Marz,

They bite better when its choppy,they bite better during a full moon, they bite better during a HIGH front and when the leaves are as big as mouse ears..they bite better tomorrow.

GBS
Old 06-26-2005, 09:56 PM   #8
ken999

...they bite better when I'm working and can't go fishing...
ken999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:10 PM   #9
marzrw

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken999
...they bite better when I'm working and can't go fishing...

Oh, so true....
Old 06-27-2005, 05:51 AM   #10
Nessmuk
FLYFSR

Wow....Nice Pics!! Early mornings and late evening fishing is a must right now....but at least its the prettiest part of the day with sun sets/rises!

I'm heading out for an impromptu camping trip for the next 4 days! I plan to fish through the night if the Hex's are out!
Nessmuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:28 AM   #11
wildbrookies

Nessmuk....

Good idea...I heard the Hex`s have started around some areas....I think I might have to try a night trip this friday.....

Good luck...and don`t forget to fill us in....

Tightlines.... <*)(((((((((((<

WB
"Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton
wildbrookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:55 AM   #12
serotonin
Hang on to Mary's stump

Nice stuff GBS.
You gonna have some reports for us from the tropics...?
It's probably cooler down there than it is here.

I'm still thinking about those Hexes.
serotonin is offline   Reply With Quote