Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Adirondack History and Folklore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2005, 11:13 PM   #21
fvrwld

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk
I dreamt about Heather Locklear in the Hamilton Lake Stream Lean-to, does that apply? (Details unavailable)
I once had a dream that I was trout fishing with Bill Clinton on the Ausable River. Does that count?
Old 01-23-2005, 07:53 AM   #22
Judgeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrwld
I once had a dream that I was trout fishing with Bill Clinton on the Ausable River. Does that count?
YIKES!!!
Judgeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 07:56 AM   #23
Judgeh

Quote:
The "Hawk Button" is being pushed again!
Judgeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 09:33 AM   #24
Head
Guiness Anyone?

Quote:
AHHHHH! Thats not a dream...THATS A NIGHTMARE!!!
Old 01-25-2005, 07:41 AM   #25
jpm8920

What is the Catskill forum you were on?
jpm8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 07:59 AM   #26
Rivet
Likes to hike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm8920
What is the Catskill forum you were on?
The Catskill 3500 group on Yahoo Groups.
Rivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:16 AM   #27
Adk Keith
Telemarker

When I worked at Gore Mt. after college around 1980 I held the chair for Liz Bishop to get on the lift.

She looked good
then.
Adk Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:03 AM   #28
Neil
Fell out of a plane

I PM'd with Mavs once...
Old 01-25-2005, 11:35 AM   #29
Rivet
Likes to hike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adk Keith
When I worked at Gore Mt. after college around 1980 I held the chair for Liz Bishop to get on the lift.
Benita Zahn (Ch 13) was at our workplace a couple weeks ago for some fitness thing.
Rivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:43 PM   #30
Steve Shonkins

Celebs

Sigourney Weaver lives on Walker Road in Long Lake. She can be seen buying chocolate chip cookies and coffee at the Blue Mountain Lake store.
NY Gov. George Pataki has a house in Essex, and can be seen in local stores.
Forrest Mars Jr., heir to the Mars candy empire, lives in Putnam part of the year. His wife, Deborah, is on the Fort Ticonderoga Board of Trustees.
Steve Shonkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 03:53 PM   #31
NukedRocket
Yeah, buddy!

Anyone ever see Rachel Ray from the Food Network? She's my wifes favorite. Rachel claims to have lived in the Adirondacks all her life, and still does. I bet she considers Clifton Park the Adirondacks.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:04 PM   #32
lumberzac
Beware of the Lumberzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NukedRocket
Anyone ever see Rachel Ray from the Food Network? She's my wifes favorite. Rachel claims to have lived in the Adirondacks all her life, and still does. I bet she considers Clifton Park the Adirondacks.
I beleive she is originally from Lake Luzerne.

http://community.webshots.com/user/lumberzac
lumberzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 12:44 AM   #33
Trailpatrol
MN State Park Ranger

Seen 'em?

I am probably dating myself here, but I saw Marjorie Meriwether Post in Blue Mountain Lake when I was I kid. I went to Woodcraft with Mary Tyler Moore's son, back when she was "the lady on the Dick Van Dyke Show." Everybody fawned over her on Parent's Weekend.

Then there is the "local color" like Anne LaBastille, Nathan Farb and Pete Fish. I met Anne at a SAR dog seminar and actually stayed in touch with here for some time after I moved out here. My wife took a photography course with Nathan at JBL, but Jim Wagner had already introduced me to him one dreary day at The Mountaineer by then. (Same day I met Ben Woodard, BTW.) Of course Pete Fish was a friend and was/is my mentor as a ranger. I stayed in touch with him until well after he retired.

Seems to me there were a number of famous parents of campers at Woodcraft. (Some people put me in that category. My dad, "Woody" Erdman, was the "voice of the New York Giants" for a number of years.) Other than MTM, I can't remember any of them.

Then, I submit for your consideration, a man whom I met flying over the mountains on a Mohawk airliner. A man who was known for seeing the very strange things come out of very ordinary situations. The man who created...

The Twilight Zone.

Yup, I rode home seated next to Rod Serling, but that's another story...

Hans
Old 10-28-2005, 08:22 AM   #34
Riosacandaga
soggy

Spank'n

Hans,
I went to check out your website, nice . Reminds me a bit of the NSP.
The EMS patch is histerical ! It looks like the provider is spanking the patient !
Mike
Riosacandaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 10:10 AM   #35
Trailpatrol
MN State Park Ranger

No, no, no. You have it all wrong. Sluggo is assisting Mr. Bill!

It's been Emergicare's logo for 26 years now. It was an adaptation of an even more bizarre looking thing where Mr. Bill and Sluggo had long pointy "hands" and legs. I forget where we found it.

Hans
Trailpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 09:40 PM   #36
Gray Ghost
46er#6729

I can't believe I forgot to post this, but here goes.

My wife and I had to park our truck at the Marcy Field Lot because the Garden was full. We did the Brothers and Big Slide, and returned via Johns Brook Lodge trail (not sure of real name). About a mile before we reached the Garden, it was getting dark, and the first thunderstorm of the season arrived (this was Memorial Day weekend of this year). Having missed the shuttle, and finding no one to give us a ride, we walked down the road in search of a phone. I knocked on the door of a nearby house and an elderly man answered the door. He welcomed us in and had us sit down. He gladly let us use his phone. I noticed countless photos of the high peaks on his walls and he told me he used to be a guide. After a forty-five minute converstation with this awesome man (he also informed us he was in his early nineties), our ride arrived, and I was finally able to catch his name--Jim Goodwin. I almost hit the floor. What an incredible guy...a living legend. He inspired me to bag seven peaks this season, which is good for me. It was an awesome experience.
Gray Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:08 PM   #37
13331Girl

Preface- I worked in a very popular Bar/restaurant.
Norm, Cliff and Woody from Cheers. Rhea Perlman and Danny Devito and their 5 kids. The chic from Maude and the Golden Girls. Brad Pitt ,Angelina Jolie, Matt Damon and Robert Deniro ( They were in the Inlet area filming a movie last Fall. It'll be in Theaters next Christmas. Yes, everyone was very friendly).
My all time favorite one- BOBCAT GOLDWAITHE. ( The police Academy guy)
He was hysterical- we didn't even know who he was till he gave us a credit card. We thought he was just a funny dude in our bar. He spoke like a normal person and he busted my chops all night long. His girlfriend at the time was the red head from the TV show LasVegas. She was really cool too. Didn't know it was her at the time. She looked like a real down to earth girl.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:11 PM   #38
13331Girl

Hans- I got one for all your WoodCraft kids----
John Fishman - drummer from the band Phish used to spend summers and Woodcraft. I never met him. But, his parents would come into the restaurant.

One more- Dr. Dirty! His real name is John Valby. He used spend a lot of time in the Eagle Bay area.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:51 AM   #39
AdkWiley

The only famous person i've met on the trail was Neil! It was the most exciting expierence of my life! Othere than that, no famous people up on the trail. I have met a few , ive worked on the show extremem makeover home edition and tigh or how ever you spell his name is far more subdue than he is on TV. But the coolest celebrity ive ever met is Richard Gear's dog. My g/f's mother works for him and dog sits from time to time and i take his dog out on the trails if we're down here visiting. Great little dog, pitbull border colie mix. Just looks like a tiny pit bull but with the black and white long hair of the border colie!
Old 01-11-2006, 10:05 AM   #40
adkdremn
Dreamin I'm there....the ADKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdkWiley
ive worked on the show extremem makeover home edition
Wow! That's cool what did you do for the show?

Oh yeah, Neil's the only celebrity I've ever met on the trail too!