Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
dssguy99

Eagles Nest Lake fishing

Has anyone ever fished Eagles Nest Lake? Adirondack Lakes Survey Corp says there were brooks and lakes in there in 85, although I doubt they are still there now.

We fished nearby Bug Lake last year with no sucess due to a massive downpours the week leading up to our trip.
dssguy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
brookies4ever

Certainly looks like a good habitat for brookies, I have had only a few hits there, and caught what I think was a small whitefish(maybe a creek chub) several years ago, that's it.
I'd be really surprised if there were still brookies in there.
brookies4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
Frostbite Ale Man

Yes; about 2 years ago in early June, I fished the quite small pond with my Blackjack. Caught nothing after making several rounds trolling as deep as possible with a #7 gold CD Rapala. Did not try a LC wobbler/worm combo. Also had been skunked same day at nearby Bug Lake, which is much bigger.
Frostbite Ale Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
EagleCrag

dssguy: I'd check the DEC stocking reports. If its listed as being stocked, you can be assured that they are there.
EagleCrag is offline   Reply With Quote