Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2017, 06:36 PM   #1
Cpswing555

Leave Tomorrow

Headed North On Thursday after work. making the 5hr 45 min drive is always an adventure. My question since it doesnt look good for snow is this? Anyone try cents up there for attracting? if so what? lots of mast crops i heard so looks like we will be doing a bit of sitting. unless it snows of course them a tracking we will go.
CP
Cpswing555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:27 PM   #2
Mallard1100

Good luck. I pushed my trip back until the last week of the season this year hoping for snow cover for a change. Fingers crossed. Good mast crop reported in my area as well. Some nice bucks and bear on cam. Just need to catch up to them this year......
Mallard1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:09 PM   #3
EagleCrag

Just returned form up north. Only got out twice but saw deer both times. Passed on a small 3 point--basically a spike. There was some beech nut mast (no oaks where I hunt) and the deer were on them. The mast crop wasn't real heavy but the deer's noses told them which trees were producing the best. Did not observe many scrapes or rubs which surprised me. Good luck CP. Let us know how you make out. I don't use scents but do use those can calls. I've called in a number of deer with them. If I'm sitting, I give it one turn/flip about every 20 minutes. When the deer do come in, they come right to it.
EagleCrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:46 PM   #4
Cpswing555

Eagle,
My buddy reported today that he saw a few rubs but nothing major. We are optimistic, but I think in the future instead of going for the rut I may try to go right before thanksgiving to try to it some snow. I'll keep everyone posted. Probably wont get there until around ten pm. lol oh and I packed my can
Cpswing555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:01 AM   #5
Fly Rodder

Headed up tonight as well. NOAA says 1/2" of snow overnight, cold, and lots of wind with wind chills approaching 0F for Friday. Stay warm.
Fly Rodder is offline   Reply With Quote