Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hiking in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How many ADK 46r peaks have you climbed and do you expect to climb them all?
1 25 4.96%
2-9 153 30.36%
10-19 93 18.45%
20-29 42 8.33%
30-39 42 8.33%
40-45 17 3.37%
46 56 11.11%
46* - Plus MacNaughton 42 8.33%
I intend to complete all 46. (Yea) 302 59.92%
I do NOT intend to complete all 46. (Nay) 51 10.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-2009, 08:03 AM   #81
Ms Guided

@Rik - Let's get some winter peaks and group them so that we don't end up w/ crazy stragglers! ;-)

@Greeneyezz - Taking all day it fine too! So if you want some winter company let me know.

ps If the twinkle is a no-go then the Woman "hiking" would def be over the top.
Ms Guided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:18 AM   #82
Greeneyezz
Syracuse OranZZe ROCKS!

Good morning!

*As I reach for my coffee* Winter hiking?
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! <--- That's all I'll say about that!

Seriously though. I would be out of my league if I even attempted that. Don't even have the gear anyways.

Though, Summer & Fall??? That could be a possibility.

"Baby Steps Bob. Baby steps".

(Click on Greeneyezz)

"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer
Greeneyezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:50 PM   #83
looncry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyezz View Post
*As I reach for my coffee* Winter hiking?
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! <--- That's all I'll say about that!

Seriously though. I would be out of my league if I even attempted that. Don't even have the gear anyways.

Though, Summer & Fall??? That could be a possibility.

"Baby Steps Bob. Baby steps".
ZZ: Have you ever hiked Lyon Mt? not a 4000 peak but close! My Brothers
camp is 1.6 miles from there.I go every July.Plan on a hike? PM me. BTW,SU still rocks as #4 seed and Thursday nite will be interesting to see the ''chemistry'' of the team make for a win! I work that eve. but the tv is on in the break rm!!!! Looncry
Old 03-09-2010, 07:12 PM   #84
Greeneyezz
Syracuse OranZZe ROCKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by looncry View Post
ZZ: Have you ever hiked Lyon Mt? not a 4000 peak but close! My Brothers
camp is 1.6 miles from there.I go every July.Plan on a hike? PM me. BTW,SU still rocks as #4 seed and Thursday nite will be interesting to see the ''chemistry'' of the team make for a win! I work that eve. but the tv is on in the break rm!!!! Looncry
Mt. Lyon. Nope. July would be a nice time though. I'll look into it. That will be neat that have met you, if we don't do lunch before then. Btw - Your choice of Brooklyn Pickle?? ---->

Right now I'm planning to be there in April with a several other friends. I threw out the option to them of either Mt. Jo, Noonmark, or Wright. (Used Summitpost as reference.)
Given that 3 of them have never been up a mountain before, I'm pretty much scratching Wright.

Btw - SU Game on Thursday is at noon. Damn! I'll only be able to catch the first half of it.

(Click on Greeneyezz)

"The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze."
~Gustav Adolfo Becquer
Greeneyezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:19 PM   #85
looncry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyezz View Post
Mt. Lyon. Nope. July would be a nice time though. I'll look into it. That will be neat that have met you, if we don't do lunch before then. Btw - Your choice of Brooklyn Pickle?? ---->

Right now I'm planning to be there in April with a several other friends. I threw out the option to them of either Mt. Jo, Noonmark, or Wright. (Used Summitpost as reference.)
Given that 3 of them have never been up a mountain before, I'm pretty much scratching Wright.

Btw - SU Game on Thursday is at noon. Damn! I'll only be able to catch the first half of it.
Hi ZZ,
i HAVE ONE REASON TO ASK IF YOU CLIMBED IN APRIL: cuz you work too hard and deserve the break! miss you here. looncry
Old 09-27-2010, 06:20 PM   #86
yellowcanoe

I will watch.

http://www.stlawu.edu/netnews/peakweekend10.html

I have a long way to go.
yellowcanoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:49 AM   #87
HobieK

Mailings with your sponser

Ok, I sent my letter last year....and got a letter back from my sponser. Somehow I have the "Climbing the 46" phamplet but not the actual letter. Ive torn my file cabinet (I created a folder to keep a log) apart twice now and cannot locate it.

Can I send my letter to the Adk 46ers Inc address?

society, you're a crazy breed
I hope you're not lonely without me
society, crazy and deep
I hope you're not lonely without me
HobieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #88
Edb 46 er

39 out of 46 and taking my sweet time doing them. Idiot I am, I meant to say 39 to go

Last edited by Edb 46 er; 04-24-2012 at 08:50 PM..
Edb 46 er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #89
jtcohen1964

At 29 on my second time around...

I climbed all 46 with my father between 1967 and 1982. I started hiking them again with my wife and kids around 10-12 years ago (the kids are now high school sophomores). We live in the Boston area, so we only get one shot a year to go up to the High Peaks. My kids are at 29 and my wife is at 28 (she sat out our trip up Phelps). We lost last summer because of Irene, although we diverted to the Cranberry 50 - an *excellent* trip, but no peaks. I hope to make good progress this summer.
jtcohen1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #90
AdkHikerKid

27 done!!! Hope to finish next summer or in 2 summers max!!
You live one. - Anonymous
AdkHikerKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #91
Calumet

After a delay of about 35 years in starting, I climbed my first 4 of the 46 over the last couple days. Nye and Street on 22Jul2012 and Cascade and Porter 23Jul2012. Plan to get back next week for a few more.
Calumet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:52 AM   #92
46R796

I starting climbing in Aug 69 with my older brother and dad.We finished the 46 in Aug 72 and my dad was 46 Years old.The other four members of my family climbed the 46 finishing in Aug 75,so the whole family has become 46ers and we all started and finished in the month of August.Not sure if that was planned or just happened.The thing I remember is my dad wanted to complete the 46 when he was 46 yo.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #93
auspiciousbunny

Peaks

I just started this summer, and have done 18 so far. Looking forward to winter peaks!
auspiciousbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #94
idratherbehiking

Just started 2 "falls" ago and I'm up to 10. I've done 3 in the winter. I prefer snowshoeing to hiking so my goal is 46W. I wish I knew about the fun and enjoyment in the ADKs when I lived in Syracuse. Now I'm addicted but added 2 more hours to my drive!
idratherbehiking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #95
CliftonFine
Adirondack Community Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcohen1964 View Post
I climbed all 46 with my father between 1967 and 1982. I started hiking them again with my wife and kids around 10-12 years ago (the kids are now high school sophomores). We live in the Boston area, so we only get one shot a year to go up to the High Peaks. My kids are at 29 and my wife is at 28 (she sat out our trip up Phelps). We lost last summer because of Irene, although we diverted to the Cranberry 50 - an *excellent* trip, but no peaks. I hope to make good progress this summer.
Glad you enjoyed the Cranberry Lake 50! Leave us some comments on our page for other hikers! www.cranberrylake50.org
CliftonFine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:10 AM   #96
jmg343

Proof?

How does one prove that they've completed all 46? I'd like to be a 46'r one day and hope that I can become one with at least one of my 3 boys, now 7, 18 months, and 9 days.

So far, I've got:
Marcy
Haystack (big and little, is that 2?)
Gothics
Wright
Algonquin
and maybe 1 or 2 others in the area of Marcy and Haystack, I have to check my Dad's book.

I did Marcy in '02, Wright and Algonquin in '09, all the others when I was a kid with my Dad in the early '90s.

Just curious, how I document the fact that I completed these peaks or is it an honor system, or do I have to redo them, which wouldnt be the worst thing in the world.

ON EDIT:

Just checked the 46r website. Answered all of my questions. Probably should have checked first, asked second. Thanks anyway!!

Last edited by jmg343; 07-16-2016 at 09:21 AM..
jmg343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 12:59 AM   #97
covered-hammock

I want to climb them all but place is so far away
covered-hammock is offline   Reply With Quote