Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Paddling in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2017, 07:39 PM   #1
58rover

posting pictures

I never seem to be able to post pictures. I'm thinking maybe they need to be resized is that a possible problem. If so how does one do that, I have before but cannot seem to do it again.
58rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:30 PM   #2
DSettahr
ɹǝqɯǝɯ

There's a couple of ways to do it. It's usually a good idea to resize your images anyways, so that they're easier to see. Larger images will take up a lot of space on peoples screens.

Pixlr is a free online image editing tool that you can use to resize images. Here is a tutorial on how to resize images using Pixlr.

Alternatively, if you can find a download of Google's Picasa software, this will do it as well through the export function. Picasa is no longer supported by google, so you'll have to download and install it from a 3rd party site, but it's a good, easy to use image editing program for minor tweaks and edits to photos.

Once you have your image resized and saved, there's 2 ways you can post it. The first way is as an attachment. When making a post, look for the paper clip icon (if you're responding to a post, you may need to click "Go Advanced" to see it). This will bring you to a menu where you can upload images which will then automatically be included in your post.

The second way is to use a seperate image host to store the image, and then link to it in your post. I use Imgur for this, as the website is super easy to use to upload images (you can even just drag and drop the image files onto the site while it's open in your browser). After the image has uploaded, wait a second, then click the down arrow that pops up in the upper right hand corner of the image, then select "Get Share Links" from the menu that drops down. Click the "Copy" button under the "BBCode (Forums)" heading, then paste the text into your forum post.

EDIT: Looks like you got it to work.

Last edited by DSettahr; 01-26-2017 at 08:50 PM..
DSettahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:41 PM   #3
Trail Boss

^^^^
What DSettahr said and ...

You can upload your photos to Imgur or Flickr (both services are free) and you don't have to resize them beforehand. You can have the original photo "dynamically resized".

In other words, you can have it displayed in a smaller size on demand. It's convenient because you post the photo once and then request to have it displayed in (almost) any size you want.

If this interests you, I posted an example here: http://www.adkforum.com/showpost.php...7&postcount=33
Old 01-27-2017, 07:34 PM   #4
Connecticut Yankee
Connecticut Yankee

I've not had luck posting photos, so I'll try the imgur option,
OK , so it looks like this might work, now I can start posting photos again.
This was on Hays Brook truck trail last week, that's Jack my 1 yr old English Setter

Last edited by Connecticut Yankee; 01-27-2017 at 07:49 PM..
Connecticut Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote