Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2019, 10:01 PM   #61
Schultzz
Low Impact Skidder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
VT,

With all this time on your hands perhaps you and UpstateDave would be kind enough to return the two dozen flies I LOANED you in Montana prior to engaging in another vanity project.. You know, the expensive ones.
Hey Glen. Looks like you and Rodney Dangerfield have something in common. No respect!
Old 02-22-2019, 06:44 PM   #62
vtflyfish
Brookie Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultzz View Post
Hey Glen. Looks like you and Rodney Dangerfield have something in common. No respect!
Schultzz, It's really hard to take Glen seriously when he constantly brags about the hogs he catches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hogfish.jpg (32.7 KB, 107 views)
Old 02-22-2019, 07:18 PM   #63
Schultzz
Low Impact Skidder

Schultzz, It's really hard to take Glen seriously when he constantly brags about the hogs he catches.

Now that's funny!! Love that pic.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:20 PM   #64
Glen
Check please

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtflyfish View Post
Wow, that’s a beauty. They are really good eating.
“Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. They smelled of moss in your hand. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.”
― Cormac McCarthy
Glen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 08:43 PM   #65
wildbrookies

Glen,

Looks like a couple of good slabs of bacon! Yum!!
"Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton
wildbrookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:49 AM   #66
58rover

do we have a final # of flies?
I'm going to try to tie two flies, one for sure...
Little history behind First One "FB" in honor of Fran Betters who first showed/tied it for me around 1996. My wife and I carried/paddled/carried into a pond the day he showed it to me. It was early spring and it did very well. It has had done well in early spring on ponds and very good in small brookie streams/beaver dams.
58rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:47 PM   #67
vtflyfish
Brookie Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58rover View Post
do we have a final # of flies?
I'm going to try to tie two flies, one for sure...
Final participant list:
WB
Sero
Homer
Gmorin
VT
58Rover

Tie one fly (two if you so desire) for each participant other than yourself.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:16 PM   #68
wildbrookies

Sounds good VT,
One more weekend of tying and I'll be all set!! So, mine will be done and ready to ship sunday . Tying 2 flies per participant.

WB
"Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton
Old 02-26-2019, 02:20 PM   #69
wildbrookies

I know VT is done, but how far along is everybody else?
Old 02-28-2019, 09:30 AM   #70
Glen
Check please

Just wondering when will I be getting my flies? I know I'm not in the circle but given all the info and entertainment I've provided over the years I think a dozen are in order.
“Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. They smelled of moss in your hand. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.”
― Cormac McCarthy
Glen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 12:11 PM   #71
58rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbrookies View Post
I know VT is done, but how far along is everybody else?
Need to put this to top of priority list. Will finish this weekend and ship Monday. Hard to think of fly fishing when postholeing (sp?) over knees when off trail and high of 4 degF w/ wind yesterday, stayed in woods.
58rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:15 PM   #72
wildbrookies

Yes,
Your entertainment is priceless! But, we will all have to take a vote on such matters...
Old 02-28-2019, 07:15 PM   #73
ADKpikebuster

Quote:
Just wondering when will I be getting my flies? I know I'm not in the circle but given all the info and entertainment I've provided over the years I think a dozen are in order.
That’s ok glen we can have a worm and wabbler swap

I used to drink a lot. I still do...but I used to, too

http://youtu.be/DJH8iMb2YXk YEEFRICKINYEEE "
ADKpikebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 07:36 PM   #74
Schultzz
Low Impact Skidder

Quote:
It must be lonely at the top, Glen. That's why Kings have Jesters. Now all you have to do is figure out who they are.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:53 PM   #75
vtflyfish
Brookie Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADKpikebuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultzz View Post
It must be lonely at the top, Glen. That's why Kings have Jesters. Now all you have to do is figure out who they are.
I think we've found Glen's new inner circle!
Old 02-28-2019, 11:27 PM   #76
serotonin
ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADKpikebuster View Post
I'm having trouble unseeing that.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:33 AM   #77
Connecticut Yankee
Connecticut Yankee

Been having a tough winter , haven't been following the forum or anything else much lately. To late to get involved in this years swap , but at least looking forward to seeing the photos of everyone's flies. Things should be calming down in a month or so and hope to be fishing the Adks a lot more this year. I'll finally be living full time in Lake Clear in a couple of weeks, so that is something positive to look forward to.

Ice out in < 2 months (maybe)….
Old 03-02-2019, 02:07 AM   #78
wildbrookies

Well, CY, this could be up to the judge(VT)... hate to say it but, I may not find time to tie this weekend... so, just maybe, we can extend the due time. Lets wait a bit to hear from VT...
Old 03-02-2019, 02:09 AM   #79
wildbrookies

Well, CY, this could be up to the judge(VT)... hate to say it but, I may not find time to tie this weekend... so, just maybe, we can extend the due time. Lets wait a bit to hear from VT... It would be great to have one more aboard.

WB
Old 03-02-2019, 07:10 AM   #80
serotonin
ember

CY,
If you have the time, jump onboard. (!)

In my personal journey, the materials have found me,
and I'm beginning to knead the dough.

Might take a week or so.

I guess I'll find out how the razor blades play.

Last edited by serotonin; 03-02-2019 at 07:23 AM..
serotonin is offline   Reply With Quote