Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2005, 10:54 AM   #41
serotonin
ember

This one won't be breaking any records anytime soon, but she's my first of the year on a dry-fly; therefore she is special to me...
Old 04-19-2005, 11:51 AM   #42
Creekwader
Snag Locator

Ken,
I can see it now, nice fish. I just tied some green dragonflies last night.
Creekwader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 09:20 PM   #43
pondhopper
Have creel; will travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken999
Thanks guys.

I should tell you guys that the 20"er got away...literally...he was tied up by his lip and managed to get free...we caught him again...this time scooping him up w/ a net...

Nothing like catching a big trout like that TWICE...needless to say he went in the cooler after that.

Pondhopper- yeah...a picture anywhere else on that pond and it would look just like all the other fishin' holes...
LMAO- Ain't that always the way ? Y'Know, I almost went there very recently, but I decided to detour into a lake that CW's always touting. *SIGH*- yup, whenever ya don't catch fish.....ya always wish ya had tried somewhere else
--"Pete You***?!, Pete You***'s grandson?!...That name is nearly sacred & uttered with awe in THIS house!" : The late Dr. Reed's wife, upon entering her house & being introduced- so to converse with her husband about the old days, a little before he died. The kind of greeting you'll never forget & reinforces your image of the hero you never met. --
pondhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:03 PM   #44
ken999

PH- I hear ya...at least this year I was not the one who got skunked in there...my father in law just came out today, he had been there since Thursday...nothin'...
ken999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:54 PM   #45
ken999

Here's another one...It's my brother in laws 18"er...his second 18" brookie...not bad for 10 years old...

Last edited by ken999; 04-20-2005 at 03:36 PM..
Old 04-20-2005, 09:40 AM   #46
Creekwader
Snag Locator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondhopper
LMAO- Ain't that always the way ? Y'Know, I almost went there very recently, but I decided to detour into a lake that CW's always touting. *SIGH*- yup, whenever ya don't catch fish.....ya always wish ya had tried somewhere else
Still too early for that place. A couple friends of mine fished it and the pond down the hill from it the other day and only had a couple hits-no fish. I'm not going to get serious about that place until June.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:53 PM   #47
Creekwader
Snag Locator

I should also mention that I think Oriskany creek is starting to turn on. Got a 20 inch brown yesterday during my lunch hour in the village of Clinton. Nothing like fishing in people's backyards.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:36 PM   #48
ken999

...can everyone finally see all the pic's? I think I'm starting to get the hang of the "attached image" option. It appears my pics are way to big for use here...and I can only get away with resizing them once without getting lot's of distortion.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:20 PM   #49
pondhopper
Have creel; will travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekwader
Still too early for that place. A couple friends of mine fished it and the pond down the hill from it the other day and only had a couple hits-no fish. I'm not going to get serious about that place until June.
Yeah, I know it. I thought I'd give it a whirl anyway. Actually, I did c & r one 15 incher and had one other bite. I just didn't feel like dodging boats and playing troll & tangle at Ken's pond......I like that one later in the year too. I think that I may have saw your two friends.....1 was dabbling in the small pond's outlet and the other one was trolling solo on the little pond.

Ken- yeah, I can see your pictures now.
--"Pete You***?!, Pete You***'s grandson?!...That name is nearly sacred & uttered with awe in THIS house!" : The late Dr. Reed's wife, upon entering her house & being introduced- so to converse with her husband about the old days, a little before he died. The kind of greeting you'll never forget & reinforces your image of the hero you never met. --
pondhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:37 PM   #50
protocoldroid
always smoothin' it

fished oriskany creek for 40 minutes at sunset yesterday, the only time I could get out at all.... still skunked there. been trying a variety of generic nymphs dead drifted, swung, and slowly retrieved....

20"! That's a helluva fish for the oriskany, CW way to go
Old 04-21-2005, 01:36 AM   #51
Ned Kipperson

Caught myself a nice 26" walleye while fishing steelheads in the Black River mouth in Dexter on Lake Ontario. Not my intention, but still a nice big fish. Too bad it's out of season. They're hard to hit this time of year, but they're easy to reel in. The Oswegatchie is dead right now. Can't wait to get back on the mountain streams. I still need a nice brookie before the warmwater seasons open up.
Ned Kipperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 05:29 PM   #52
Creekwader
Snag Locator

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocoldroid
fished oriskany creek for 40 minutes at sunset yesterday, the only time I could get out at all.... still skunked there. been trying a variety of generic nymphs dead drifted, swung, and slowly retrieved....

20"! That's a helluva fish for the oriskany, CW way to go
Thanks, here it is...
Old 04-21-2005, 05:32 PM   #53
ken999

Nice fish...
Old 04-21-2005, 05:33 PM   #54
Creekwader
Snag Locator

And in the better late than never file...

Winter brown trout fishing in Sero's honeyhole:
Old 04-21-2005, 05:34 PM   #55
Creekwader
Snag Locator

Another from the Sero honey hole:
Old 04-21-2005, 05:36 PM   #56
Creekwader
Snag Locator

And lastly...
One of the I forget how many landlockeds caught while casting bonefish flies on 4th lake last december right before the ice went on.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:53 PM   #57
wildbrookies

CW,
Beautiful fish.Boy, this board has some real fishermen on it.I think its cool that everybody tries to share their photos.Now, all I got to do is get it right and I can join ya.That first brown looks like fresh battler of this spring.The ones from sero `s hole look colorful and over 20" and I especially like that salmon trolling in December.Talk about perserverance.Great shots!!!!

WB
"Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton
wildbrookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 06:30 PM   #58
marzrw

Nice pics - It must be nice to have a stream that close by that you can hit on your lunch hour. Like the way you present your fish in the pictures with your net and rod.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:19 AM   #59
serotonin
ember

CW- That's a Wicked fish for the O. Sweet and Sugar-like! ...Woah!
How did you fish it?

PS> Yeah... those big browns are gettin' Old in the 'honey-holes"...
Daisy doesn't even want to smell them anymore.
It's fun to catch them in the winter though.
Remember when you were losing them on stripped-streamers? And how the dead-drift-lift brought joy...?

Anyhow, maybe we could fish together sometime...

:drink:
Old 04-22-2005, 02:41 PM   #60
marzrw

2:19AM - Do you ever sleep or just think about trout around the clock? We thought we had it bad. Yikes.