Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2015, 07:43 PM   #101
wildbrookies

Another update...
Got to the tying table last night. Production went pretty well on this new pattern for me. And ,like all new patterns that I have ever attempted in the past ,I didnt start to like the looks of the fly until I tied a dozen or so, I have about 5 good ones I liked at the end of the session and need one more weekend to finish them up. Sorry, for being tardy getting them out. They will be in the mail a week from today.
"Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton
wildbrookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:56 PM   #102
Glen
Check please

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbrookies View Post
Another update...
Got to the tying table last night. Production went pretty well on this new pattern for me. And ,like all new patterns that I have ever attempted in the past ,I didnt start to like the looks of the fly until I tied a dozen or so, I have about 5 good ones I liked at the end of the session and need one more weekend to finish them up. Sorry, for being tardy getting them out. They will be in the mail a week from today.

That's fine. Just know that the person sending the last flies received will get the rejects.
“Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. They smelled of moss in your hand. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.”
― Cormac McCarthy
Glen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:37 PM   #103
vtflyfish
Brookie Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
Eagle,

I've discussed this with Vtflyfish and we agree that you will not get pictures due to your many derogatory comments about Splake. Should you repent, we will reopen the matter.
Oooh, EagleCrag, now you've done it. Nothing irritates Glen more than a slight to his beloved Frankenfish!
Old 03-06-2015, 10:36 AM   #104
Glen
Check please

So are we getting the flies before summer?
“Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. They smelled of moss in your hand. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.”
― Cormac McCarthy
Old 03-06-2015, 12:55 PM   #105
vtflyfish
Brookie Addict

Just waitin on WB and sero...
Old 03-06-2015, 01:30 PM   #106
gmorin71

lets get 'em in!! gettin excited.
gmorin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:51 PM   #107
wildbrookies

Hey!!

Finally, completed all the Breadcrusts tonite! Would have been a lot easier just aging a loaf of bread . Anyway, I have decided to give each of you 2 each for the extended wait. So, they should hit Vt`s mailbox in a few days.
WB
"Get your mind off trout,if you can.I know they`ve got you.I can see it. Every fraternity of sufferers knows its brothers.Trout hook men;men don`t hook trout.Better try and throw the hook while you can.By the time you`re a grown man there probably won`t be a pure trout healthy enough to fiddle with"... Quote from Emerson in the book "The Earth Is Enough"by Harry Middleton
Old 03-10-2015, 09:33 AM   #108
BleeckerMtn

good to hear WB.
Looks like this year's swap is shaping up pretty good!
BleeckerMtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:49 PM   #109
wildbrookies

Thanks, sorry for being the last one but VT should be receiving them soon!!
Old 03-12-2015, 08:47 PM   #110
Glen
Check please

Vt- Are all flies in?
Old 03-12-2015, 09:16 PM   #111
vtflyfish
Brookie Addict

All flies are in. Guys, we have a health issue in my family so I'm spending a lot time sitting around in a hospital. My goal is to have all of the flies sorted, photographed and out by Monday.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:34 PM   #112
wildbrookies

VT, I`m in no hurry, your family needs you more. Don`t worry about the swap until your families health issue is resolved!! Take your time!

WB
Old 03-12-2015, 10:07 PM   #113
gmorin71

Yeah really. I unfortunately know that situation all too well. Take care of family first
gmorin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:13 PM   #114
BleeckerMtn

agreed. sending some good vibes over Vermont way.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:14 AM   #115
Prometheus
Adrift

Best wishes for the family.

No hurries on the flies; they'll arrive when they do.
Prometheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:01 PM   #116
vtflyfish
Brookie Addict

Flies have been mailed! I'll try and get pictures up in the next couple of days.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:07 AM   #117
BleeckerMtn

Thanks VT, looking forward to it! From what I've heard so far, it sounds like there are some great flies in the mix this year.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:03 PM   #118
serotonin
ember

Cheap at Half the Price

I just received the insects!
They were crawling out of the envelope.
A few flew out the window...

I managed to corral them but one was a counterfeit.
It didn't even try to get away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujk0kMNWDxU
serotonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:38 PM   #119
wildbrookies

I agree with Sero!! Awesome find when opening the package! All will entice the trout . Very nice swap again this year. They will be introduced to my other go-to flies in my boxes and when trout are caught on them I will try to photo it in its lip and posted here for all to see!

WB
Old 03-18-2015, 09:56 PM   #120
Prometheus
Adrift

Awesome flies folks! Great looking and they'll get grabbed for sure!

ETA I submitted the pheasant tail soft hackle; if anyone has any questions about if please let me know. I tie mine the way my Grandfather taught me and it's a little different than what you might normally see.

Last edited by Prometheus; 03-22-2015 at 01:53 PM..
Prometheus is offline   Reply With Quote