Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOME GREAT NEWS REGARDING THE FILM!!!

Will air on WCNY November 13, 2017
    For those outside of the viewing area (like me) pre-sale DVDs will be available to the public.

Stoked for this!

Comment

Presale DVDs may not be sent before November 13 according to someone on the Aspiring 46er FB page. Seems like membership just guarantees your place in line, but not delivery before November 13th and if you're not in their viewership area, I equate the membership requirement for the presale as extortion. November 13th is two years after the movie was shown! Unreal!

Comment

Disappointed

I am very disappointed by this news. November release, only if you are a member, and the cost is $25 plus tax and shipping. Turns from artistic release to all about cash. Welcome to America.

At this point I can only be hopeful NetFlix picks it up, rather than $30+ someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoser View Post
          I am very disappointed by this news. November release, only if you are a member, and the cost is $25 plus tax and shipping. Turns from artistic release to all about cash. Welcome to America.

At this point I can only be hopeful NetFlix picks it up, rather than $30+ someday.
          Glad to see I'm not the only one who is disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by gebbyfish View Post
            ... November 13th is two years after the movie was shown! Unreal!
            I've heard of "Development Hell" but this sounds like "Distribution hell"!
            Looking for views!

Comment

Originally posted by Trail Boss View Post
              I've heard of "Development Hell" but this sounds like "Distribution hell"!

It's pretty sad.

I know the filmmakers are upset about it, but once they signed it over to PBS, they lost all control.

Wish I had known about the crowd funding effort when this was getting started and I would have a copy already.

PBS is ignoring all complaints on their FB page.

Comment

Sheesh. My excitement was simply about the film being available to those (like me) who are outside of NY. I sure do understand everyone's sentiments, which are valid - but wasn't the filmmakers intent to bring light to this amazing place and to share the captivating stories that those who walk amongst her beauty experience and ultimately share?

If they (filmmakers) didn't want a mass distribution, what was their intent?

From what I understand they were shopping a distributor, were they not?

I figured the delay in getting the film to a broader audience was just that - a matter of distribution. PBS seems to be that missing link; albeit not to the satisfaction of all.

Comment

I'm no expert but it would seem prudent to ensure the contract included some expectation of performance. In other words, the film must be distributed to X outlets and shown Y times within Z weeks or months.

Here's a real-life example. Canadian broadcasters buy exclusive rights to distribute American TV shows. Some of them have not bothered to distribute the shows via their streaming services (even though they have the right to do so). The talk is now to enforce a "use or lose it" stance. If you're not going to stream it then you forfeit this right and it can be acquired by someone else.
                  A long list of popular series — including The Americans and many HBO shows — are being kept off Canadian streaming services by traditional broadcasters, leading some advocates to call for the retention of the use-it-or-lose-it rule that is set to expire at the end of August.
                  Looking for views!

Comment

If only someone had access to a portable version of this moving picture on some sort of storage medium, and the technology to somehow "copy" the contents onto a futuristic computing machine which could transfer that copy over cables to other people. But that sounds impossible with the computing machines of today. And probably illegal.

Comment

I have been waiting for this to come out for forever. I'm not certain on the whole history of the film but I assume PBS ponied up a chunk of cash for this film. So basically they can release it whenever they want. Many film makers do this without realizing this could happen. Even in Hollywood. Christopher Walken has a film completed and ready to go in theaters. It will never be released and was only seen once at a film festival by just some Hollywood stars. The funding studio put the kibosh on it and so there it sits. So ridiculous.
                      46er: 3/46
                      Tupper Lake Triad: #23 WSD & #405 SSD
                      Saranac 6er: 3/6

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/uphillbothways/

Comment

For those who don't know, WCNY will be showing the film 11/13. Petition your local PBS station, if they have not already committed to showing it. Not sure how we will be able to access it otherwise if you don't live in the WCNY broadcast area. http://www.wcny.org/television/46ers/

Comment

Starting to see more previews of this upcoming show on wcny. Definitely some great scenery on film.

Comment

At last!

Those not near a theater or wanting a copy to purchase.

Comment

Ordered a copy yesterday!

Comment

This will be showing at 7:30 tonight (12/4) on WMHT. There will be other airings throughout the week.

Comment

Working...
                                X