Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Trip Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2019, 10:00 PM   #21
Zach
Last seen wandering vaguely

Banjoe, good for you, that's a level of dedication to music which I have never achieved. It makes sense that a metal clad or spunover rim would work well for a camping banjo. You're very brave to be willing to carry something like that with you.

Conk, thank you very much. I have always enjoyed your trip reports, you get into places I would never have the gumption to attempt. I don't know if even a banjo would have been enough to induce the folks at #27 to leave during the thunderstorm, and they left quite soon after it ended.

Lucky13, you may be right but I would say that Highland pipes are the most powerful musical weapon, the volume they can produce is (in my experience) unbeatable.
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 03:01 PM   #22
rickhart

Fun report! I appreciate your friendship with frogs & toads. And yes, it seems that (this year at least) the best route for the small floating bog is north side on the Low's half, then zig to the south side -- or vice versa. I still had to get out & drag at the beginning of the south side part, but it was easy.
rickhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 03:17 PM   #23
Blackflie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post

Lucky13, you may be right but I would say that Highland pipes are the most powerful musical weapon, the volume they can produce is (in my experience) unbeatable.
If you do not want to weaponise the pipes maybe try the Northumbrian small-pipes
Old 09-03-2019, 10:56 PM   #24
Zach
Last seen wandering vaguely

Rickhart, I'm glad I wasn't missing something obvious about the right way through the floating bog. I suppose that if it did break off from the larger bog and drift in there it's not surprising that it could continue to move around from time to time.

Blackflie, I am not familiar with Northumbrian pipes but I'll look them up. I have thought that the uillean pipes look like they would be fun to learn someday (and are not nearly as loud), but I should learn to play the things I already try to play better before taking on something new.
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote