Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hiking in the Adirondacks > Adirondack Firetowers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #21
Zach
Last seen wandering vaguely

I'm glad you got there and had a good time. If you're in the Bubb/Sis area again you can either take the through trail past them to Moss Lake or you can turn left at 0.3 miles on the Vista trail which leads all the way to the Bald Mountain trailhead. If you go up the first 1/4 mile of the vista trail there is a side path to the right with a beautiful overlook back over Bubb Lake, that area was where I went first on my first trip to the Adirondacks in 2009. Picture is from the overlook.
Zach
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11. Overlook above Bubb.jpg (83.3 KB, 51 views)
Zach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #22
JanelleH

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJMartin View Post
All I have to say is WOW!!!!!! I am so happy to follow the encouragement of everyone on here to do our hike. We had a blast!!
Glad you had a good hike! I'm thinking about hiking Bald Mountain soon. Thank you for the pictures! The view looks beautiful from up there!!
JanelleH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #23
geogymn

Glad you had a good time! Looks like you picked a nice day. Now you need to take a pic in the same field of view but in summer, fall and winter.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #24
EJMartin

When we made it to Lake placid for the Food & Wine festival, we met a couple who has hiked the 46 peaks and firetowers. She offered to guide us if we came up to do more. We will be headed back for more good times
EJMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #25
mailtrain
mailtrain

The last time I hiked up Bald Mtn. was 1956, I was 7 yrs. old. The same year they built the Enchanted Forest. What a rush that was for us kids back then. Dad was a lumberjack and was working at Limekiln Lake area. A different time and place from today.
mailtrain is offline   Reply With Quote