Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2018, 09:10 AM   #1
bosco

brookie streams

I know it is still a little early for the small stream brookies. I am planning on a trip mid to late june. I don't want to get up to the adaks to early. I'm a good 3-4 hrs from where I am planning to fish. I was wondering from you guys who live up there, can you keep us less fortunate souls posted on the conditions. I mainly dry fly fish so I don't want to come up to early, before the fish turn on (wake up) what ever you want to call it. I know mid June should be ok but with limited time to choose from I don't want to come up too early or too late for that matter. Just curious on how things are shaping up. Are we on track, running a little late or are we early?

Thanks

John
bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:06 PM   #2
Ryan Ball
NYOutdoors

Little behind, but recent weather has been warm and dry. Ice out came about 3 weeks later if not more. We have maybe 2 days rain in last two weeks. If it stays this way water levels will start dropping and warm up soon.
Ryan Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:22 PM   #3
dpc34

when the black flies and the trilliums are out....tough to beat...
dpc34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:56 PM   #4
bosco

Thanks ryan. I thought it might a little behind, but if weather stays as is things can catch up fast. Trilliums and black flies are out here at home but i cant see the adaks from my house 😁. Keep us posted please. Busy with work and young son so time is very limited. Time spent on a small brookie stream is very precious. A little friendly intel goes a long ways. Thanks guys
bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:47 PM   #5
Ryan Ball
NYOutdoors

yeah saw some trilliums starting to bloom where most where not yet. havent been out in a week but last weekend the blackflies still where not out in numbers. I hear ya on the little one my son is 2 months today. Have two girls both 8 as well.
Ryan Ball is offline   Reply With Quote