Quiet campgrounds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiet campgrounds.

Looking for some suggestions on a quieter/more private campground. Location does not matter but we are looking for access to water for fishing, nice hiking spots and running water nearby. We have two kids (7yrs & 9months) so some amenities are nice. Thank you!!

Rollins Pond if you can get still get a site.

Comment

Brown's Tract would be a good alternative to Rollins Pond. Both are really nice DEC campgrounds.

Comment

The DEC campsite at Lake Harris in Newcomb would be nice. Quiet, on a lake, bathrooms, water etc. The DEC's Adirondack Interpretive Center is close by and offers easy hiking trails for the kids. http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/55964.html

Comment

Go to the northern Adirondacks. Buck Pond I believe sees less pressure than other DEC campgrounds. Taylor Pond has what you're looking for, except the amenities. We were just at Cranberry Lake last weekend and although it was busy, it was still fairly low key. We really enjoyed it, as always.
          Life's short, hunt hard!

Comment

I stayed at Cranberry Lake State Campgrounds not too long ago and I was located right next to the trail head for Bear Mountain. Despite this fact, the campground was very quiet even during the day with all the hikers coming into the trail head parking. The only thing is, my tent site was gravel based. So it was kind of hard to stake down my tent but other sites may be the more sand based sites. Check with the staff before you book if this is a concern for you.
            46er: 3/46
            Tupper Lake Triad: #23 WSD & #405 SSD
            Saranac 6er: 3/6

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/uphillbothways/

Comment

I go to Adirondack Loj but I would not say it is quiet. It is near a lake though which is nice

Comment

Working...
              X