This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooch
    and redhawk, gary, .........please be nice!!!!!
    (sigh)
    I HATE it when I have to be nice...

The Wilderness Photography of Gary F. Dean
    facebook photography of Gary F. Dean

It's Not A Map...It's a "To-Do" List!

Comment

funnest thread in a while award.

Sasquach? I'm a believer!

-percious
      http://www.percious.com

Comment

ESPN Hunts Bigfoot in ADK's: Have You Seen Bigfoot? ESPN Outdoors wants to know.
        A crew from www.espnoutdoors.com is coming to the Adirondacks in July to research Bigfoot
        encounters. They are looking for hunters and fishermen who may have had an
        experience that they think may have been Bigfoot/Sasquatch related. They would
        like you to tell them what happened and then take them back to the spot.

Since they understand the sensitivity of the subject they are certainly willing
        to protect the identity of anyone who comes forth with information. Seriously,
        if you would like to share your encounter for a story on a Web Site that is read
        by thousands of people, contact Don Borone at ESPN Outdoors via
        email. Don.Barone@espn.com and please CC ADKHunter.com webmaster (with confidence).

Last edited by Robony; 05-31-2006, 10:19 AM. Reason: to add

Comment

Originally posted by Robony
          ESPN Hunts Bigfoot in ADK's: Have You Seen Bigfoot? ESPN Outdoors wants to know.
          A crew from www.espnoutdoors.com is coming to the Adirondacks in July to research Bigfoot
          encounters. They are looking for hunters and fishermen who may have had an
          experience that they think may have been Bigfoot/Sasquatch related. They would
          like you to tell them what happened and then take them back to the spot.

Since they understand the sensitivity of the subject they are certainly willing
          to protect the identity of anyone who comes forth with information. Seriously,
          if you would like to share your encounter for a story on a Web Site that is read
          by thousands of people, contact Don Borone at ESPN Outdoors via
          email. Don.Barone@espn.com and please CC ADKHunter.com webmaster (with confidence).

What in the Hell does ESPN have to do with Sasquatch? maybe they want to recruit it for the NBA?
          "If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Skyclimber2971w
            I agree. Why didn't you pull the car on the side of the road and jump behind a tree?
            They were probably smoking pot and don't (for good reasons) want to admit it. Most potheads drive on backroads to light up. Not that I've ever done that in my former life.

Redhawk, based on the descriptions (7 feet tall, black) it could be Shaq hiding from the media.

Comment

too funny.........................lol rofl

Comment

Redhawk....i would like to read your story also.......thanks

Comment

Scooch-as in Skychiefs Scooch????? Now there's a bigfoot!
                  Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
                  It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk
                    What in the Hell does ESPN have to do with Sasquatch? maybe they want to recruit it for the NBA?
                    Nah, He'd be too hard to tatoo

Comment

I would love to read your story Redhawk. I love to read bigfoot stories. True or not its always nice to believe in something. I don't believe that every town in the world who has reported a yeti, sasquatch, abonamble snowman, wild man, mountain walker or other local name has one. I do believe there are a lot of things out there that will never be explained. I would personally love to witness a bigfoot myself or see actual real proof that such a creature exist. I don't believe that we have seen every single square inch of this planet and think there is actually room for something like this to exist. I've grown up hearing stories of a mountain walker being hit by a car and one being captured only to escape in the middle of the night. Granted alcohol, pot and chewing on the local shrubbery is bound to debunk a lot of stories, but why can't such a creature exist. We are all the time discovering new species. I know there are sceptics everywhere and everyone has to be sceptical of something. Maybe I'm chasing a mythical creature. The missing link or a drugged moose acting strange because he likes the tender new mushrooms he just found, but hey I think its fun to believe in such a wonderful creature. A left over from the age of neaderthals. I've never seen tracks or found strange hairs or seen 7 foot tall ape like creatures but I believe they are there. If not in our town then the next. If not our state then another. But I do believe that something is out there. Its just smarter then your average bigfoot hunter. Call me crazy, an alcoholic or a pothead if you will but I truely believe in the folklore of the land. Jason
                      Square Peg, Round Hole, Big Hammer!!

Comment

The "Incident"

By all too many requests to keep PM'ing: Guess we will turn this thread into a twilight zone!

The "Encounter" (or non encounter if you will)

When I lived out in Wellington, CO, a small town 10 miles North of Fort Collins, I was driving home from Work about 1:30 am. I ran out of gas about two miles from Wellington. This was a surprise because I thought I had gassed up the day before. There was a field on one side f the road and woods on the other. Wellington is a town or 200 people, icluding cows, sheep, cattle and pigs so there is no traffic on the road from Ft. Collins.

I had walked about 1/2 a mile and suddenly every hair on my head stood up straight and I felt chilled to the bone. Having spent several tours of duty "in-country" with my SEAL team in Nam, I had experienced this before, usually indicating an ambush or danger ahead.

I loked around and could see nothing, neither did I hear anything, but there was a strange smell which I can't explain. it was feint, and onlike anything I had ever smelled before. Somewhere between french fries and week old cadavers.

For the only time i can remember in my life, I was scared almost to the point of paralization. I finally shook it off and double timed it out of there as quickly as I could. i ran all the way home, took a shower, thought about the whole thing, convinced myself it was just something crazy and went to bed.

The next morning, i walked down to the garage/blacksmith shop to get a can of gas and see if someone could give me a ride to the car. When i got there, a couple of police cars were there and as i wet to the office, the owner said "here he is now". the police asked me if it was my car on the highway, why it was there, and if i had seen anything.

reluctantly I tolf them about the feeling I had and they listened intently, asking me again and again if i had seen anything strange. I told them no and just that I had smelled that strange scent.

After about a half hour of interrogation and them also checking my job to verify when I left work, they drove me
                        down to my car. As we passed the place where I had my hair stand on edge, there were a whole bunch of police and other governmant cars parked by the filed and a lot of people in the field.

When i asked what was going on, the deputy tole me that the night/morning before, there had been three cows that were found dead. One was nothing but skin and the other two had all their internal organs missing and there was no sign of tracks of any kind other then the cow tracks.

I got to the car, went to put the gas in and it would only take 3/4 of a gallon and it was full! I got in the car, turned the ignition and it started right up and i went home.

I never saw or heard a thing, but it was the only time in my life that I ever felt sheer terror.

There was never any kind of evidence as to what happened.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, there was no sign of blood either..
                        "If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Comment

"Although many have reported details about this mysterious "creature", few have actually seen it. Reports from around the world tell of thousands of mutilations of farm animals. The number of incidences of these horrors have increased, but by the time man has discovered the damage done, Chupacabra is no where to be found. Those who have seen Chupacabra report that this animal stands approximately 3 to 5 feet in height. It has fangs, quills on it's spine that can also be used as wings, red eyes and grey skin.

It has been reported that Chupacabra also has an unusual "smell" and leaves behind a stench that resembles sulfur. The main diet of this animal seems to be the Blood of the animals it attacks. The blood is literally sucked out of the animal. As a result, this creature was originally referred to as "Goat Sucker" due to it's zest for Goats in Puerto Rico, years ago."

Sounds kinda similar to your story. There's lots of info on this out there. Just Goggle it. Also, FWIW I agree with you Jason. You just never know. There is a great movie from the 70'sa that I watched over and over when it was on Showtime. It was about a group of hunters on an expedition to find BF. The movie was a mockumentary of their trip woven with other "famous" stories, including a report from Teddy Roosevelt about an encounter he had. I'll bet ole Teddy had some great sources by which to score some local vegetation!

Comment

thank you for sharing redhawk...really fascinating encounter.....what i could identify with the most was the "feeling" of terror....or perhaps an inherant ability to sense it. I am admittedly not the bravest person in the world, but am not a coward either...but with everything in me I knew not to ignore my gut instinct, because of the almost "paralyzing" fear...
                            I have great respect for anyones ability to connect from a sixth sense. It is an amazing gift....

Comment

Redhawk...That sounds more like a 'Close Encounter' than a bigfoot episode...Especially since the 'authorities' were involved...There is 'way' too much unexplained phenomenon that our government has not told us to this day and it continues as time goes on...Thanks for sharing your story.
                              "The way I see it, you're hooked.Trout have you. Another soul lost." Elias Wonder, The Earth is Enough by Harry Middleton

Comment

Originally posted by marzrw
                                Redhawk...That sounds more like a 'Close Encounter' than a bigfoot episode..
                                I just wanted to point out that people should not be too quick to "poo poo" other peoples experiences.

Comment

Working...
                                X