X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redhawk
    he said HUMANS gary!!

(I knew if I threw that out there I'd get a rise out of somebody!)

The Wilderness Photography of Gary F. Dean
    facebook photography of Gary F. Dean

It's Not A Map...It's a "To-Do" List!

Comment

Hmmmmmm. Hawk and W/photo?...oddballs in the woods?

Mystery solved.

Comment

Yeah and I saw the Easter Bunny on Algonquin a few months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildernessphoto
          <---- do they look like this?

I believe they said "it" was better looking & had more hair.

Oh man I just love making friends on this forum.

Are you a nice as you sound? i hope

Rickie
          Let there be peace on earth and good will toward all.

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin."

William Shakespeare

Comment

Originally posted by Little Rickie
            I believe they said "it" was better looking & had more hair.

Oh man I just love making friends on this forum.

Are you a nice as you sound? i hope

Rickie
            LOL!!
            Here's what I sound like at night in the Sewards...Gary in the Sewards
            Those who will be in there this weekend may hear me!

Comment

Originally posted by Wildernessphoto
              LOL!!
              Here's what I sound like at night in the Sewards...Gary in the Sewards
              Those who will be in there this weekend may hear me!
              ANNOUNCEMENT

Ward Brook is hereby added to the "ADK Unsafe Trail" List

Comment

Here is another ADK siting

YEAR: 1998

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: August

DATE: 25-30

STATE: New York

COUNTY: Fulton County

LOCATION DETAILS: Ok, From Johnstown Ny, take Perry st North to Maple Ave. Turn left on Maple and follow till it you reach W. Fulton Ext. Turn left there. This becomes N. Bush Rd. The dead end is off N. Bush right before an old red barn

NEAREST TOWN: Caroga Lake

NEAREST ROAD: North Bush Rd

OBSERVED: My best friend and I were driving around one night, about 2:00 am. We ended up on a little used dead end road. We were uh, out of the vehicle to releive ourselves, hense the dead end with no houses on it. We were in themiddle of no-where but why take chances getting spotted?

We finished up our business and I was back in the truck waiting for my buddy. I turned on the headlights, and illuminated in the beams was a very tall man shaped animal, brown in color. It stood perfectly still for a minute and then grunted at us. Then it turned and walked away. it didn't move like a man. It kind of swaggared back and forth like it lunged each leg forward when it walked.

We were really freaked out so we backed up all the way to the road.

Afterward, we rationalized that it must have been a moose. but I don't think it was. For starters, i've seen moose before and they're huge. this was tall enough, it looked well over six feet. But it stood on two legs, and it didn't have antlers. but at the time, we had to rationalize what we saw.

My father is an officer with the NYS Department of Environmental Concervation. He says that what we saw was a moose. It could not have been a big foot. but I disagree. I went back and searched for moose tracks, none. Droppings, none but rabbit. In fact, I found no tracks of any kind.

But that doesn't mean anytyhing because the ground is all soft needles and leaves.

ALSO NOTICED: I went back the next day and found no tracks or droppings to identify my creature as a moose or bear, the only large animals in my area.

OTHER WITNESSES: Me and a friend. We were driving around for about an hour before the 'sighting' if you will. Before that we had a midnight meal a diner in Fultonville

OTHER STORIES: I have heard of sightings in Benson. About an hour north of me, but I'm not sure I beleive those stories. If you want details on them, I can provide at request

TIME AND CONDITIONS: about two am.
                Very clear night, stars in the sky.
                It was chilly
                And very well lit, I had my highbeams on.

ENVIRONMENT: Mostly maple and oak. Some pine. The area had been logged many years ago so most of the forest is under 75 years old. I'm sure there's a creek running somewhere through there, too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Steve Kulls:

Spoke with the witness Chris. Witness is very familiar with the wildlife of the area. Subject had not been drinking that night and were under the legal drinking age in New York at the time of the sighting. Witness was approximately 20 feet from the creature in the driver's side of vehicle..
                States approximately 7-8 feet tall, covered in long brown hair. Described as the face as "being flat". Arms swung more than a human. Stated it just turned around after approximately a mintue and walked off.
                Met with the witness on July 10th, 2003 went to the area of sighting, which is no longer a dead end road. Visual evidence where the road ended at one time. Intersting fact is approximately 300 yards behing the wooded area, there is a town dump. There was plenty of evidence in the area of deer, as we found deer track and droppings.
                The witness is straightforward, and is extremely convincing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Explanation

Comment

Originally posted by B0ATGUY47
                  Here is another ADK siting

YEAR: 1998

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: August

DATE: 25-30

STATE: New York

COUNTY: Fulton County

LOCATION DETAILS: Ok, From Johnstown Ny, take Perry st North to Maple Ave. Turn left on Maple and follow till it you reach W. Fulton Ext. Turn left there. This becomes N. Bush Rd. The dead end is off N. Bush right before an old red barn

NEAREST TOWN: Caroga Lake

NEAREST ROAD: North Bush Rd

OBSERVED: My best friend and I were driving around one night, about 2:00 am. We ended up on a little used dead end road. We were uh, out of the vehicle to releive ourselves, hense the dead end with no houses on it. We were in themiddle of no-where but why take chances getting spotted?

We finished up our business and I was back in the truck waiting for my buddy. I turned on the headlights, and illuminated in the beams was a very tall man shaped animal, brown in color. It stood perfectly still for a minute and then grunted at us. Then it turned and walked away. it didn't move like a man. It kind of swaggared back and forth like it lunged each leg forward when it walked.

We were really freaked out so we backed up all the way to the road.

Afterward, we rationalized that it must have been a moose. but I don't think it was. For starters, i've seen moose before and they're huge. this was tall enough, it looked well over six feet. But it stood on two legs, and it didn't have antlers. but at the time, we had to rationalize what we saw.

My father is an officer with the NYS Department of Environmental Concervation. He says that what we saw was a moose. It could not have been a big foot. but I disagree. I went back and searched for moose tracks, none. Droppings, none but rabbit. In fact, I found no tracks of any kind.

But that doesn't mean anytyhing because the ground is all soft needles and leaves.

ALSO NOTICED: I went back the next day and found no tracks or droppings to identify my creature as a moose or bear, the only large animals in my area.

OTHER WITNESSES: Me and a friend. We were driving around for about an hour before the 'sighting' if you will. Before that we had a midnight meal a diner in Fultonville

OTHER STORIES: I have heard of sightings in Benson. About an hour north of me, but I'm not sure I beleive those stories. If you want details on them, I can provide at request

TIME AND CONDITIONS: about two am.
                  Very clear night, stars in the sky.
                  It was chilly
                  And very well lit, I had my highbeams on.

ENVIRONMENT: Mostly maple and oak. Some pine. The area had been logged many years ago so most of the forest is under 75 years old. I'm sure there's a creek running somewhere through there, too.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Steve Kulls:

Spoke with the witness Chris. Witness is very familiar with the wildlife of the area. Subject had not been drinking that night and were under the legal drinking age in New York at the time of the sighting. Witness was approximately 20 feet from the creature in the driver's side of vehicle..
                  States approximately 7-8 feet tall, covered in long brown hair. Described as the face as "being flat". Arms swung more than a human. Stated it just turned around after approximately a mintue and walked off.
                  Met with the witness on July 10th, 2003 went to the area of sighting, which is no longer a dead end road. Visual evidence where the road ended at one time. Intersting fact is approximately 300 yards behing the wooded area, there is a town dump. There was plenty of evidence in the area of deer, as we found deer track and droppings.
                  The witness is straightforward, and is extremely convincing.

Explanation
                  this siting is less than a mile from my property in Caroga...Spotted again...

Comment

The main thing that I dont beleive in that story is those 2 driving all the way out to a dead end in the middle of no where just so they can releive themselves! Thats almost as far fetched as bigfoot!
                    "It's not where your from, it's where your at."

Comment

Odd that in all these years (even centuries?) of "incidents" our hunting buddies have not even winged one.

Seems to me that either they are forever

or we are .

We can add common sense to this thread only by

else we will hurt ourselves

and end up looking like Neil .

Comment

Originally posted by AdkWiley
                        The main thing that I dont beleive in that story is those 2 driving all the way out to a dead end in the middle of no where just so they can releive themselves! Thats almost as far fetched as bigfoot!

I agree. Why didn't you pull the car on the side of the road and jump behind a tree?

Did you have too much to drink and having hallucinations?

Even with soft needles and leaves, I'm sure there would had been some sort of sign. Even a stirred up leaf or something.

Maybe it was a Cow Moose who has No Antlers.
                        "It is easier to become a Forty-Sixer than to be one. The art of the being is to keep one's sense of wonder after the excitement of the game is over."

Paul Jamieson Class of '58

Comment

Beam me up Scotty!!!!!!

Comment

I've never had a sasquatch encounter but I would urge people to not be so skeptical about some things.

I had a "situation" out in Colorado that stood my hair on end and had me trotting down a highway at night, looking over my shoulder. The next day there was an intensive investigation based on an event which was not initiated by me. To this day it is unexplained along with other identical events.

Those who know me know that I'm not afraid of anything, that I have "sixth" sense and that I'm not prone to hallucinations or overly-imaginative.

I'll tell the story one on one, face to face, for anyone that's interested. I won't turn this thread into a twilight zone.

So, don't be too quick to judge. Most people are not trained observers, and see things differently and act irrationally when startled. Not to say that this was a sasquatch, but also saying not neccesarily a nut case either.
                            "If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracles of technology. We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it." Lyndon B. Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk
                              I'll tell the story one on one, face to face, for anyone that's interested. I won't turn this thread into a twilight zone.
                              Redhawk, will you PM or Email me your story? I would like to read it.

Boatguy, I apologize for my remarks. I usually am not that sarcastic!
                              "It is easier to become a Forty-Sixer than to be one. The art of the being is to keep one's sense of wonder after the excitement of the game is over."

Paul Jamieson Class of '58

Comment

You can get to my grandfathers camp from the old snomobile trail that you are talking about...his camp is on lake oseetah. With regard to your unususal experience, I can't say with any confidence that what you saw was a big foot or the like, however I can relay an equally upsetting experience that occurred in the late seventies. Just before driving out of saranac lake on the sara-placid road (casa del sol, ames plaza, grand union) there is a left hand turn that will take you into the woods that near that old sno mobile trail. (tara drive) before it was developed. It was thick woods.
                                i lived up there and was walking home late at night from a babysitting job, and could hear something walking with me in the woods, right behind the tree line.....I had a friend who was with me and we kept stopping to listen, but it would also stop....this happened for close to 1/2 a mile. We were afraid to run, adraid to walk, afraid to talk...and didn't...and there was no need for clarification as she and I heard it every time at the same exact time and just kept looking at each other....and we just kept praying for that street light at the end of the dirt road we were on to get closer. When we got within about 50 yards of the street light we both started running like crazy and at about 10 yards past the street light (on tara drive) turned just in time to see something come out of the woods and cross the road. it did not look like a bear or anything else that i had ever seen, but i am quite sure that it was not a bear, and that it was actually an animal when it finally presented itself is what was the most amazing thing to me...as it clearly followed us and knew to be quiet when we were.

and redhawk, gary, .........please be nice!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X