Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It wasn't until 2003 that the Bili Ape was first seen by scientists. It is a 6' giant chimpanzee that leaves an 11"-13" footprint. It's also called the "lion killer". It's estimated there are ~ 35,000 of them in Africa.

It also wasn't until the Fall of 2004 that we discovered any fossilized remains of a chimpanzee. Dr. Nina Jablonski found only a few teeth in the Rift Valley.

There is a lot out there we don't know about. Don't forget it was only 100 years ago that we discovered that gorillas really do exist. They had been the subject of legend too.

If 35,000 Bili Apes could go undetected by the scientific community until 2003, it wouldn't surprise me that 2,000 Sasquatch could go undetected spread across North America.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin View Post
      Has anyone ever had what they think was a sasquatch encounter in the park? I know it's crazy, but I was camping with some friends who told me some stories. I do alot of backpacking all over the Adiorndacks, and I've never had such luck. I have had some wierd situations occur before near Bennet, Middle, and Murphy Lakes north of Great Sacandaga Lake. - Justin
      Justin (from your original post in this thread),

I've heard similar things from 6 seasoned hunters who were camping in that area near the Sacandaga. Around the campfire, they heard loud vocalizations that night that none had ever heard before. It shook them up. I was told that one of them was an Encon officer.

What does that 'prove'? Nothing but it sure does make you wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by wiiawiwb View Post
        Justin (from your original post in this thread),

I've heard similar things from 6 seasoned hunters who were camping in that area near the Sacandaga. Around the campfire, they heard loud vocalizations that night that none had ever heard before. It shook them up. I was told that one of them was an Encon officer.

What does that 'prove'? Nothing but it sure does make you wonder.
        In the 8 years since the start of this thread I've met some strange people in that area, a few of them are locals and told me how they love to mess around with the "citidiots".

Comment

• I wonder what happened to our pals Lute Hawkins and Drifter....
          Maybe Bigfoot ate them.

Comment

• People who say there is no real evidence haven't studied the body of knowledge out there. There is a video of a Sasquatch taken in 1967 in Northern California. It's called the Patterson/Gimlin film.

Despite herculean efforts during the past 47 years, no one has been able to prove the film is not the real deal. Moreover, even today, no one has been able to reproduce a costume that comes even close to what we see on the video. The BBC paid $5,000,000 to have a suit made. The result was embarrassing.

Here are a few images from the film. You can clearly see muscle groups and muscle movement.

My belief is based upon studying the body of evidence out there and having seen 4 footprints and witnessing an event I couldn't explain. Those of you who do not believe....hey, that's fine by me. No problem here.
            Last edited by wiiawiwb; 10-24-2014, 12:53 AM.

Comment

• I'm still not buying that ancient piece of video.
              There are many other video hoaxes on youtube that are more convincing.
              Heck, if the Harry and the Hendersons movies and beef jerky commercials can come up with life-like costumes, anyone can.

Comment

• So a couple of true believers back in 1967 went to the woods to try to find bigfoot and get a video of it. Lo and behold they did! Unfortunately they messed up with the settings or something and it was all grainy. So in that one attempt they were lucky enough to hit the jackpot, but no one since has been able to get another video even with the hundreds? (thousands?) of people actively searching for the creature. All the "sightings" and "evidence" actually provide increased evidence to the fact bigfoot doesn't exist. If all these sightings, prints etc... were true, then the population would be such that the creature would not be that difficult to find. The more likely explanation for all the sightings is that of mis-identification. Of course the true believers will hold on to their faith forever since science will never prove the negative. But hey, if it makes them happy it doesn't concern me. I am still exploring the body of evidence related to the existence of mermaids.
                "There's a whisper on the night-wind, there's a star agleam to guide us, And the Wild is calling, calling . . . let us go." -from "The Call of the Wild" by Robert Service

My trail journal: DuctTape's Journal

Comment

• Just in time for Halloween:

http://www.klonefx.com/rental.html

Comment

• Please raise your right hand.
                    Do you solemnly swear that you really are Bigfoot?

Comment

• Actually what I see in the film is no muscle movement at all. The muscle shapes I see, but they seem not to move at all. There have been numerous studies of the film, multitudes of people have given multitudes of reasons why they believe it’s a hoax….but believers refuse to accept their analysis.

Obviously believers won’t convince non-believers, and non-believers won’t convince believers. Which is ok, this is America and people have a right to their personal beliefs.

But make no mistake, in the eyes of the scientific community, no irrefutable evidence of a Bigfoot exists. If any such evidence ever comes to fruition I’d be more than happy to welcome Bigfoot to planet Earth and the 21st century. Until that happens, individuals subscribing to a Science based philosophy will always view Bigfoot as folklore.

Comment

Please raise your right hand.
                        Do you solemnly swear that you really are Bigfoot?

Of course he's Bigfoot. Do you not see the sign in front of him that clearly indicates so? I'm not sure it could be much more official.

By the way, the BBC was taken. I think that costume looks as good or better than the one in the film. And I'll bet the one in the picture was significantly less than $5 mill.

Comment

• I have seen the entire PGF...hundreds of times...and I've never heard anyone before claim there is no visible movement of muscles. Lats, calf muscles, back muscles, gluts, and more. The only debate is whether costume designers back in 1967 had the ability to create muscle movement in a suit.

The best analysis of this subject matter is the twelve-part treatise by Bill Munns where he analyzes every aspect of the suit from a Hollywood suit maker's perspective. It's a quite voluminous but an enlightening read.

This is the BBC's attempt to replicate what is seen in the PGF.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by wiiawiwb; 10-24-2014, 12:53 AM.

Comment

I'm still not buying that ancient piece of video.
                            There are many other video hoaxes on youtube that are more convincing.
                            Heck, if the Harry and the Hendersons movies and beef jerky commercials can come up with life-like costumes, anyone can.
                            Good thought Justin except the PGF was filmed back in 1967. You have to compare the muscles you see on the PGF with ape-suit technology back in 1967.

The PGF either shows a man in a suit or a real sasquatch. Those are the only two options. The impossible task for the disbeliever is to explain how a rodeo cowboy (Patterson) could have made a suit which even Hollywood film makers could not make at the time.

The Planet of the Apes was filmed in 1968. Look at those costumes. They look amateurish compared to what we see on the PGF. Planet of the Apes was the best technology Hollywood had in 1968.
                            Last edited by wiiawiwb; 10-24-2014, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• Anyone see the documentary about the Russian scientists that thought they had irrefutable proof of Bigfoot-human hybrids in the Ural Mountains? When I saw the credentials of the Russians I thought maybe this was proof. Not your typical nutcases and the premise sounded very plausible.

Apparently some of the residents of a village in the Urals had non Russian features and were said to be decendants of Russian men and a "wild women" who was captured in the forest in the 1800's. They did DNA analysis on the decendants and found out they were mixed...Russian and African.

The mystery in the end was not the Bigfoot angle but how a "wild" African women ended up in the Ural Mountains.
                              Last edited by Gman; 10-25-2014, 09:23 AM.
                              Izaak Walton a great writer? He can't even spell COMPLETE.

Comment

• 900 + police officers can't find the fugitive in PA and its within a 5 mile radius .... Just sayin.

I am a skeptic of all ... aliens, ghosts & politicians.
                                Last edited by ADKAngler; 10-30-2014, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X