Moose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheHappyHikers View Post
    Saw several posts on FB today of a young moose trotting through Gloversville....Looks very similar in size and age to your pics.
    I saw that also.
    I know it's hard to scale his size, but I would say that the bull that I saw was a bit larger. I was calling him "Dino Moose", beacuse when I first saw him during the evening about 50 yards away, he was so big I thought it was a dinosaur lol.
    Last edited by Justin; 10-06-2016, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
      I saw that also.
      I know it's hard to scale his size, but I would say that the bull that I saw was a bit larger. I was calling him "Dino Moose", beacuse when I first saw him during the evening about 50 yards away, he was so big I thought it was a dinosaur lol.
      Moosesaurus?
      sigpic

Once a year, go some where you've never been before.

Comment

Originally posted by kwc View Post
        Moosesaurus?
        Bullwinklesaurus Rex

Comment

Originally posted by kwc View Post
          Moosesaurus?
          It always amazes me that something so large can be so rare to spot.

Comment

Bullwinklesaurus Rex
            Only if accompanied by a squirrel that's wearing goggles & an old aviator's "helmet".

sigpic

Once a year, go some where you've never been before.

Comment

Ever see one of these?

Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Comment

So cool! Lucky!

Comment

Amazing!!!!

Comment

If I see one this time of year, before I run, I'm gonna make a lot of noise and do everything possible to make sure he knows I'm a boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradox6 View Post
                      ....do everything possible to make sure he knows I'm a boy.

Comment

Looking forward to my first sighting , so far only tracks here and there.
                        Phil

“The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.” —Herbert Spencer

Comment

I finally had my first Adirondack moose sighting....
                          ...Far off trail & deep in the West Canada Lakes Wilderness...

Fantastic sighting and images!
                          The more wilderness in the Adirondacks, the better.

Comment

I, too am still waiting for my first moose (and bear!) sighting, in all my years I have yet to see one live and in person. More than once I have returned home from a week or two in the Adirondacks only to learn later that a moose was spotted right where we camped a few days prior... or a bear trotted across my family's property one evening. Just my luck....

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson View Post
                              I, too am still waiting for my first moose (and bear!) sighting, in all my years I have yet to see one live and in person. More than once I have returned home from a week or two in the Adirondacks only to learn later that a moose was spotted right where we camped a few days prior... or a bear trotted across my family's property one evening. Just my luck....
                              Luck certainly helps for the unexpected daytime sighting but if you want to dramatically increase your odds then as its getting dark and just before the sun comes up (like 4am in summer) will help. I have seen bear and Moose and gotten some soso pictures but its the moment itself of seeing them alive and unharmed in the wild that is truly priceless..
                              The more wilderness in the Adirondacks, the better.

Comment

Holy crap that first page. For the longest time I've wanted to see a moose in the adks, now I almost hope I never do haha! Safe hiking everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X