Bigfoot sightings? (serious question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gman View Post
    Champlain never said he saw a BF. He mentions a Native legend of a big hairy beast that ate humans but then all early (and apparently a few modern) cultures around the world have there legends.

Dr Melba Ketchum is a fraud. The world is getting tired of waiting for her to produce the evidence she claims to have.

What does billion year old chimp fossils have to do with this? Where are the bigfoot bones?
    I never said Champlain saw a BF. You need to read posts more carefully before commenting.

As far as the chimps are concerned....if you can't connect dots, I'm not going to hold your hand.
    Last edited by wiiawiwb; 07-20-2012, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wiiawiwb View Post
      I never said Champlain saw a BF. You need to read posts more carefully before commenting.

As far as the chimps are concerned....if you can't connect dots, I'm not going to hold your hand.
      You likely do not know it but you are referencing Des Sauvages where Champlain writes of a beast called Gougou which is tall as a ship mast, considered female and lives near Chaleur Bay in New Brunswick not NY State. You are correct that it was written in 1603 however Champlain did set foot in NY State until 1609 nor was he anywhere near it before 1608.

I am not very smart so please connect the dots for me or perhaps someone else can explain what chimp fossils in Africa have to do with bigfoot in NY State.

I agree with Poconoron.
      Izaak Walton a great writer? He can't even spell COMPLETE.

Comment

Everyone on this forum is entitled to his, or her, opinion. That's what makes it enjoyable.

Comment

I always imagined the big foot stories come from the last few surviving neanderthal or cro-magnon's and oral traditions.

I wouldn't need bones but certainly skat or signs of habitation such as teeth marks on bone would be a good first step.
          A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they never shall sit in

Comment

Originally posted by Gman View Post
            perhaps someone else can explain what chimp fossils in Africa have to do with bigfoot in NY State.
            I think I can help...
            Chimp fossils have been found in Africa in 2004.
            Chimp and/or Bigfoot fossils have never been found in NY State.
            See the connection?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson View Post
              I am wondering if anyone has seen or heard a suspected Sasquatch in the ADKS......or do you believe they exist? I had read some stories of suspected Sasquatch sightings-or evidence of suspected Sasquatch/Bigfoot in the ADKS.
              Something unusual is in those mountains, for sure. What I suspect, and what It actually Is.. might be two different things. The jury is still out, and really not expecting them back, anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by imonacan View Post
                Something unusual is in those mountains, for sure. What I suspect, and what It actually Is.. might be two different things. The jury is still out, and really not expecting them back, anytime soon.
                I know this is an old thread and all, but I'm in agreement. Do tell though, who was it that snuck out into the woods at night and threw that 45lb rock into the pond?
                Not us, we were all by the fire. And not very inclined to investigate I might add.

Comment

Originally posted by J.B. View Post
                  I know this is an old thread and all, but I'm in agreement. Do tell though, who was it that snuck out into the woods at night and threw that 45lb rock into the pond?
                  Not us, we were all by the fire. And not very inclined to investigate I might add.
                  Lol.. "45lb rock" = Beaver slapping the water with it's tail.

Comment

It is amazing how people's imagination runs away whenever they encounter something previously unfamiliar to them and new for the first time. A beaver slap does indeed sound like boulders being thrown in the water. UFOs get reported for similar "unexplained" reasons by people unfamiliar with visual effects of otherwise normal objects seen in the sky.
                    "Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -Walt Whitman

Comment

Here’s a quick true story I’ve shared here on the forum awhile back...

A friend & I were camped out deep in the West Canada Lakes Wilderness along the South Branch West Canada Creek about 8 or 10 years ago during the late fall. We were in a location where we were positively alone with no one else around for several miles or more.

Night had fallen and we were sitting around the campfire just shooting the breeze, when all of a sudden we heard something moving through the thick brush directly across the creek from us. We stopped to listen, and then whatever it was stopped moving & starting breathing very heavily, and very loudly. It’s kind of hard to describe but try & picture an overweight man who’d been running uphill for several minutes and is now completely winded & gasping & trying to catch his breath...that’s kinda what it sounded like.

I got up & shined my headlamp across the creek to see what it was, but my light couldn’t penetrate the darkness & mist coming up off the water, even though it was no more than 20 yards away. The breathing then stopped, and we stood there listening, and were a little creeped out. My buddy & I looked at each other & were like “what the hell was that?”.

We stood there, waiting for any kind of noise from whatever it was that we just heard, but it was complete silence. It never made any other noises. We didn’t hear it walk or run away, which would be next to impossible because of the thick brush & alders on the opposite shore, and we never heard any kind of sound in the water of it swimming away.

I’ve heard deer breathing before and it wasn’t anything like that. If it was a moose I’m positive that we would’ve heard an animal that large walk, run, or swim away. I thought maybe it could’ve been a large beaver, but we never heard any tail slaps all weekend.

It was a little odd, and I’ve never experienced anything like that before or since. My best guess is that it was a bear, which somehow managed to make a completely silent getaway through the thick brush, but to this day my buddy & I still refer to that mysterious creature as the “South Branch Swamp Monster”.
                      Last edited by Justin; 01-07-2018, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Once while I was driving the Osceola Rd During a snow storm, I thought I saw a big foot in the middle of the road. But, it turned out to be a 6’ woman in a black snowmobile suit who’s snowmobile was stuck in the ditch.

The most remarkable trait of the elusive Sasquatch, is their uncanny ability to avoid game cameras. This trait is also shared by the eastern mt. lion. :>)

Comment

Originally posted by Tug Hill View Post

The most remarkable trait of the elusive Sasquatch, is their uncanny ability to avoid game cameras. This trait is also shared by the eastern mt. lion. :>)
                          Yeah, I know! All I get on my game camera are shots of leprechauns riding on unicorns.
                          Oscar Wilde:Work is the curse of the drinking class

Comment

I'll never forget the look on the faces of two paddlers I once happened upon while they were carrying between Hardigan and Salmon outlet.
                            While whakin' trough some thick brush from the 'falls' back to the old rr grade, about 5-7 yards from the trail, I start hearing noise - yelling, banging, etc.
                            Not more than five minutes later I popped out of the thicket and there were two middle age guys with their canoe. They must've been expecting Sasquatch or at least a large bull moose - faces pale, sweating like pigs, standing frozen still.

I imagine, it would've been one heck of a story had I stopped and slipped away through an opening in the brush leading away from the trail. However, it was getting late and I had another dozen miles to cover...

(in their defence, it was a sticky day so some of it could have been from exertion)
                            Feverishly avoiding "a steady stream of humanity, with a view that offers little more than butts, boots, elbows and backsides". (description quote from Joe Hackett)

Comment

Believer or not, the Adirondack Bigfoot lore sure is interesting. You'll find on this forum a long running thread with lots of good stuff.
                              Last edited by Buckladd; 01-08-2018, 08:38 AM.
                              Life's short, hunt hard!

Comment

Thanks for resurrecting the thread. Just read my post from 5 1/2 years ago and I still agree with everything I said.
                                Saw a compelling video out of Russia but a picture is not a body so 10 years until I stop believing.

Comment

Working...
                                X