Bigfoot sightings? (serious question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigfoot sightings? (serious question)

I am wondering if anyone has seen or heard a suspected Sasquatch in the ADKS......or do you believe they exist? I had read some stories of suspected Sasquatch sightings-or evidence of suspected Sasquatch/Bigfoot in the ADKS.

One has only to visit certain Bigfoot-related websites to read published reports of sightings in NYS, in general, and the Adirondacks in particular. Are they true? Who can say.

There are also a few good books about the subject including Monsters of The Northwoods. That books chronicles many sightings dating back centuries including the earliest accounts of Sasquatch reported in 1603 by Samuel de Champlain.

I'm a believer. Others may be on the fence or even true-blue skeptics. That's their choice but I'm convinced they exist in the Adirondacks.

Comment

thanks for the reply. I also am a believer...far too many reports and sightings from all ovrer the globe to be a hoax or a mistaken identification. I go to this website alot:
      http://www.bfro.net and there are reports from pretty much every state, there are alot for New York.
      there is even a "Bigfoot 911 call" recording on YouTube....a man saw a suspected Bigfoot in his yard one night.
      I think it is something that needs to be researched, and if there is indeed a Bigfoot found, I hope it is captured safely, studied, then released back into the wild. I am sure there would have to be alot of tranquilizers involved ! Would not want to see it harmed.

Comment

Here is a link that will get you to many BF-related websites:

Also, in your internet travels, keep your eyes peeled for someone by the name of Dr. Melba Ketchum and a report that bears her name.

Comment

There are going to be a lot more believers now that the Vibram five fingers are becoming popular.
          "A culture is no better than its woods." W.H. Auden

Comment

No doubt there will be but only to the untrained eye.

Comment

No sightings but I'm a believer. I am skeptical though about any sightings outside of Western Canada and the pacific Northwest.
              My belief will change if no body is discovered within the next 15 years. People masquarding as bigfoot using Vibram five fingers costumes should avoid the Newcomb area since I'm a firm believer that only a body will constitute real proof. I would fire a warning shot first though. If unarmed I'm probably one of the few that would run towards not away from the animal.

Comment

@Cityboy, I am with you on that, a body of a Bigfoot would be definitive proof, so it can be studied, DNA samples taken, etc.... All the videos and photos I've seen have been grainy, dark, shaky, etc. I had seen a story of a suspected Bigfoot near a fishing camp in Canada. The owner supposedly set a booby trap and got some blood and hair samples, then he "lost" it........

Comment

I must admit that I simply can not get my mind around the idea of a primate relative that large living around us and yet never having a single genetic sample, anywhere from any region. I think that despite the size of the Adirondacks, it is not of a size that would allow for that sort of a massive, yet still "completely" hidden species. I would love to be incorrect because I would certainly enjoy learning about such an animal or whatever classification it was given however as fantastic as it sounds, it sounds too fantastic and extremely unlikely IMHO. I feel the same about "Champ", would love to see it but doubt that such a species could live in the depths of Lake Champlain without having been brought to the surface or washed ashore at some point...
                  The more wilderness in the Adirondacks, the better.

Comment

It only makes sense to me if bigfoot is a space alien or time traveler just visiting. I do not think it is possible for a whole species as large as bigfoot to go unnoticed for so long.
                    Leave No Trace! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXO1uY0MvmQ
                    ThereAndBack http://www.hikesafe.com/
                    ADK Crash Course http://www.adk.org/trails/High_Peaks_Hike-Backpack.aspx

Comment

Well I think its just a hoax, nothing else. The stories that you have read about the Sasquatch and big foot are just stories nothing else.
                      wildlife management richmond va

Comment

Originally posted by burrswildlife View Post
                        Well I think its just a hoax, nothing else. The stories that you have read about the Sasquatch and big foot are just stories nothing else.
                        Well then you probably don't believe in Nessie or our very own Champ either... but here in print on the internet is the absolute proof!
                        "Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by HappyHiker View Post
                          It only makes sense to me if bigfoot is a space alien or time traveler just visiting. I do not think it is possible for a whole species as large as bigfoot to go unnoticed for so long.
                          It hasn't gone unnoticed. It's gone quite noticed. The first reports of BF in NYS were by communicated by Samuel de Champlain in ~1603.

Those who insist upon "proof" may want to follow work that is currently being done by Dr. Melba Ketchum.

There are many things in the vast animal world that don't make sense. I've posted here before that it wasn't until September 2004 that any fossilized remains of chimpanzees were found until a few teeth were discovered by Dr. Nina Jablonski in Kenya's Rift Valley. It is estimated that over 100 billion chimps have existed in Africa during the past 5-7 million years and yet no fossilized remains found until 2004.

So for those who say, "Where's the BF body?", kindly digest the, "Where were all the Chimps?" issue. In that regard, the numbers of chimps are vast to the guesstimate of how many BF may exist here in the the US. Moreover, the efforts to find any fossilized remains of chimps were financially underwritten whereas the efforts to find BF is largely paid for by those volunteers out in the forests who devote their own time and money.

Comment

Champlain never said he saw a BF. He mentions a Native legend of a big hairy beast that ate humans but then all early (and apparently a few modern) cultures around the world have there legends.

Dr Melba Ketchum is a fraud. The world is getting tired of waiting for her to produce the evidence she claims to have.

What does billion year old chimp fossils have to do with this? Where are the bigfoot bones?
                            Last edited by Gman; 07-19-2012, 04:02 PM.
                            Izaak Walton a great writer? He can't even spell COMPLETE.

Comment

Responding to the "serious question", I find it stunning and stupefying that anyone would take this issue seriously.

Just me, I guess...........
                              Ahh............Wilderness.......

Comment

Working...
                              X