No announcement yet.

Bigfoot sightings? (serious question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what it's worth I worked with a guy whose father was a one of the police officer's in Whitehall who witnessed the famous Whitehall beast. He swears its true. This guy was a stand-up man who went on to the FBI.

Not trying to stir up anything, just sharing my story. I personally have never seen anything strange like that in the Adirondacks. The closest I've gotten is spooking deer and hearing bull moose mating calls.
    Oh I'd rather go and journey where the diamond crest is flowing...

Comment

Originally posted by vtflyfish View Post
      Yeah, I know! All I get on my game camera are shots of leprechauns riding on unicorns.

Have you been able to pattern them, so you can find their pot of gold ?

Comment

I'm not a big believer in Bigfoot since there never seems to be any true physical evidence of such, that said, here are two true stories both out of the Franklin Falls area in about 1978.
        1. I had a friend who lived in Rochester who leased a camp above the old, now not used, boat launch on Franklin Falls Pond. He was a very reliable and honest fellow and visited his camp often. He also wasn't a drinker or drug user.
        During a fall hunting season he had 3 other guys with him and they were inside playing cards. When a huge crash slammed into the cabin wall. They all ran out and there lay a large log which had hit about 6ft up the cabin wall. Flashlights on they never saw a thing nor heard anything else.
        What could throw a log 6ft up and hard enough to shake a small cabin?
        2. My wife [then] and I lived under ground with our 2 children and 2 big dogs deep in the woods above Franklin Falls.
        One night the wife walked outside to use the outhouse when she heard something and came back in and said to me; Something is out there' I grabbed a bat, should've grabbed a gun instead, and headed out when there I realized by the door lay the two dogs by the woodstove.
        I grabbed the male dog and shoved him out in front of me and he didn't get halfway up the stairs when he lit into the most serious growling I had ever heard and still haven't heard since. He would not go ahead of me but did follow me up the steps but wouldn't leave my side.
        The other dog also lit into serious growling but would not come outside.
        These were mtn dogs which had treed bears and chased bobcats. My hair was on end and my wife soon followed me with a gun.
        We were outside for about a half hour and the dogs never stopped being alarmed or stopped growling.
        We never heard or saw anything but something was there...and my hair is standing on end now as I type this. It was very real.
        The next morning I checked everywhere for tracks but there was only scattered snow on the frozen ground and I did not find any trace of what was there and to this day I have no clue.
        So what was it? Certainly something the dogs weren't familiar with nor wanted anything to do with. Bigfoot? Unlikely...but?. Wolverine is my guess tho they allegedly don't come to the 'Dacks'. I believe they do. Coyotes my dogs would have lit into. No human came back there, most especially at night and it would have been one heckuva a nasty human to scare my dogs like that.
        Last edited by Woodly; 01-22-2018, 11:09 PM. Reason: spelling error fixes

Comment

i met a bigfoot, rude dude attitude.

Comment

Strange creature heard near Mayfield, NY in the 40's

In the mid-late 40's (not sure of year), my dad and his siblings, plus a couple friends and cousins, set up a campsite just outside village of Mayfield, NY. They camped out in these woods there all the time as kids. One night some creature basically started circling their camp growling and screaming like no animal they ever heard before. It was loud enough that neighbors could hear it inside their houses (Upper Main St). It was always very quiet at night and all farmland around the area, so sound carried quite a long ways, unlike it is now with Route 30 traffic, etc. My Dad and friends were only young teens at the time and basically too scared to move, but some parents got really worried and went out and brought them home. Whatever it was never stopped its noises the whole time and continued screeching in the area for quite a while after they left. A bunch of them went up next morning to see if they could find tracks, sign, etc., but found nothing. To this day no one knows what it was, but it sure creeped the hell out of everyone. They continued to camp there for a few more years, but I think one of them had a rifle along on those trips.
            Rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Comment

Originally posted by Klinkhamer View Post
              In the mid-late 40's (not sure of year), my dad and his siblings, plus a couple friends and cousins, set up a campsite just outside village of Mayfield, NY. They camped out in these woods there all the time as kids. One night some creature basically started circling their camp growling and screaming like no animal they ever heard before. It was loud enough that neighbors could hear it inside their houses (Upper Main St). It was always very quiet at night and all farmland around the area, so sound carried quite a long ways, unlike it is now with Route 30 traffic, etc. My Dad and friends were only young teens at the time and basically too scared to move, but some parents got really worried and went out and brought them home. Whatever it was never stopped its noises the whole time and continued screeching in the area for quite a while after they left. A bunch of them went up next morning to see if they could find tracks, sign, etc., but found nothing. To this day no one knows what it was, but it sure creeped the hell out of everyone. They continued to camp there for a few more years, but I think one of them had a rifle along on those trips.
              I've heard blood curdling noises like that from Screech Owls, not tracks later, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky13 View Post
                I've heard blood curdling noises like that from Screech Owls, not tracks later, either.
                When I was a young lad, maybe 7 or so, (a long long time ago), my father shot a deer alone and came home to get my mother to help drag it out. Though after sundown, I went along too, as my job was to hold the flashlight during the process. I can still remember being yelled at for straying too far ahead of them on the trail with the light, multiple times. But when that nearby bobcat howled that awful scream like it did, I strayed no farther than a couple of feet from my parents and had to be told to walk ahead with the light instead of being underfoot. If you ever hear a bobcat scream you will never forget it or the chills up your spine from it.
                Last edited by Wldrns; 08-28-2018, 09:24 AM.
                "Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth." -Walt Whitman

Comment

The legend remains alive and well in Whitehall....

Life's short, hunt hard!

Comment

I lived in the Pacific NW (Oregon) for 3 years. I did a lot of backpacking, some of it even in areas where BF was supposed to be and never saw anything or evidence to support its existence. I knew many people (hikers, hunters, fishermen, rangers and people involved with the study of wilderness areas) who grew up and spent their lives there, much of it in the outdoors. Every one of them believed those are just stories fueled by the actions of individuals who want to perpetuate a hoax. I'll believe it when I see definitive proof.
                    "Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing."
                    - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Wldrns View Post
                      When I was a young lad, maybe 7 or so, (a long long time ago), my father shot a deer alone and came home to get my mother to help drag it out. Though after sundown, I went along too, as my job was to hold the flashlight during the process. I can still remember being yelled at for straying too far ahead of them on the trail with the light, multiple times. But when that nearby bobcat howled that awful scream like it did, I strayed no farther than a couple of feet from my parents and had to be told to walk ahead with the light instead of being underfoot.
                      I set up camp in the Moose River Plains a few years ago, completed too late to take the boat in to fish, but all ready for before first light. Prepped everything for the evening, had the sandwich I usually bring for the first night's dinner, in case setup takes too long and I'm too tired to cook, and sat down to watch the sunset filter through the spruce and enjoy a cold beverage. Within 100 yards of me, a blood curdling sound that resembled a baby screaming started, and continued for about 10 minutes. A wildlife biologist later told me I was probably listening to the parting sounds of a rabbit that had fallen prey to a coyote, fox or bobcat, and I was greatly relieved when the sounds stopped. When I returned home after the trip, I told my wife that had I been a new camper, and heard that, I would have immediately broken camp and never returned. As it was, I kept the shovel close all evening, and had I not been tired, I probably would have slept unsoundly all night.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky13 View Post
                        A wildlife biologist later told me I was probably listening to the parting sounds of a rabbit that had fallen prey to a coyote, fox or bobcat, and I was greatly relieved when the sounds stopped.
                        I was unlucky enough to witness a rabbit caught by a hawk in a field behind my house. The rabbit was screaming, the hawk was trying to finish it off on the ground, and then a murder of crows showed up and added to the ruckus. The hawk wasn't strong enough to fly off with the rabbit, which was still alive and screaming, and the crows kept trying to surround the hawk. After 5 minutes or so, the rabbit died and the hawk flew away without his lunch.

It was an unpleasant experience.

Screech owls are also startling.

Comment

As a young lad I kept ferrets and their only purpose was for rabbiting. And yes the noise a rabbit can make when stopped up down a hole by a ferret is loud,
                          Look up, and swear by the green of the spring that you’ll never forget.

Comment

The other day after work I took a ride up to a camp I hunt out of in northern Warren County to mow the grass and do some weed trimming. It’s about two miles in on a dirt road and less then a half mile in I came upon a big beach tree laying across the road. Sometimes I bring a chainsaw and log chain with me, but I didn’t have them on this trip, as it was a spur of the moment decision to go that morning before leaving for work.

So, I unhooked the trailer with the mower from my Jeep, backed up, turned around, and backed back up to the trailer. As I was hooking the trailer back up I heard this weird animal sound in the woods close by. Although I’m pretty sure it was a coyote, it did sound a little more guttural than what I’m used to hearing from coyotes. Perhaps because it was so close? Still, we’ve got a good bear population around there so I had to wonder. I sat there for a few minutes with the Jeep off, and my pistol close, but didn’t hear or see anything else. I looped around and got to the camp from another direction and kept my pistol on my hip during my chores.

Sorry, I didn’t see any bigfeet, but I was listening to some Little Feat while driving around!
                            Attached Files
                            Life's short, hunt hard!

Comment

Fat man in the bathtub? Or maybe Fool Yourself?

I was going to posyta u-tube of bigfoot dancing, but they were all terrible!

Comment

According to a Dr. Matthew Johnson from Utube they not only exist but have the ability to cloak themselves. He says there are two varieties. The Xanue who hail from another planet and relocated here because their sun was dying, and the Treykon who are a malevolent species who will attack and eat you if you stumble into their area. The Treykon were brought here millions of years ago to mine precious metals. The aliens who brought them abandoned them when the mining was completed and they have been here ever since. They have no supernatural cloaking abilities as the Xanue do. The Xanue are supposed to be benevolent creatures who seek to help mankind through physical healings. If you think this is far fetched you are correct, it is. But there are many people who believe it and claim to have been healed. Please don't take my word for it as these are not my ideas but can so many people be crazy? Check it out and decide for yourselves. "Team Squatchin USA" is his website. There are lots of websites claiming to have had experiences with this phenomenon. I am not going to even try to relate what these people claim because it is so far out there, it would make a great sci-fi movie, but could it be true? You decide.
                                Never Argue With An Idiot. They Will Drag You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X