track identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• track identification

I'm new here and was wondering if anyone could help me identify this track? I found it in a very remote area near Onchiota coming out of the woods. The width of the track is around 4 1/2 - 5 inches.

Thanks
    Attached Files

I think it may be a wolf or big dog.
    If the area is remote, the tracks likely belong to a wolf, so be careful out there.

Comment

Thank you for your help of identifying this track. I thought it was huge and wasn't sure what could have left it. It looked canine but was in a remote area and seemed much to large for a coyote. Have you heard of wolves being in the Adirondacks?

Comment

Black bear ??

Comment

Looks like it has four toes. Big coyote.
          Life's short, hunt hard!

Comment

Most likely Bigfoot's pet dog ? 8>)

Comment

It seems I must have stumbled upon the Bigfoot of the canine world. Because I've never seen a coyote track anywhere close to 5 inches wide nor a dog track. So there must be some kind of elusive mythological creature out there. Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Boreal wander View Post
                It seems I must have stumbled upon the Bigfoot of the canine world. Because I've never seen a coyote track anywhere close to 5 inches wide nor a dog track. So there must be some kind of elusive mythological creature out there. Ha!
                The track is in sand. When dogs/coyotes walk through sand/mud/snow, their pads spread quite a bit and the tracks look a lot larger than the paw that made them.

Comment

Working...
                X