• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first Adirondack moose sighting, 7/10/17, Cedar River Flow
    Attached Files
    Life's short, hunt hard!

Comment

Wow, that's a beast! Congrats on the first sighting!
      "A culture is no better than its woods." W.H. Auden

Comment

Moose

Originally posted by Buckladd View Post
        My first Adirondack moose sighting, 7/10/17, Cedar River Flow

Gorgeous beast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        46R #5621 -- NE111 #627 -- CL50 #343 -- Firetowers Quest 28/28 -- Welsh 3000s -- working on TO54, NPT

Comment

Justin & Buckladd, those are amazing photo's and great experiences. Have seen many moose in Maine but never in the ADK's however we find tracks continually on our lease between Tupper and Long Lakes.

Comment

For some reason I get many more pictures of Bear and Moose than Deer at my Camp. So far this year I have gotten pictures of 2 Moose and 5 Bear.

Last year I got photos of 4 Moose. I also was lucky enough to be sitting on porch when they walked by. Within 3 days I had a Mother and 2 calves walk past and 2 days later a young bull walked no more than 10 feet past my door.

Comment

Originally posted by cityboy View Post
              For some reason I get many more pictures of Bear and Moose than Deer at my Camp. So far this year I have gotten pictures of 2 Moose and 5 Bear.

Last year I got photos of 4 Moose. I also was lucky enough to be sitting on porch when they walked by. Within 3 days I had a Mother and 2 calves walk past and 2 days later a young bull walked no more than 10 feet past my door.
              Where abouts is your camp?
              "A culture is no better than its woods." W.H. Auden

Comment

Originally posted by geogymn View Post
                Where abouts is your camp?
                Halfway between Newcomb and Long Lake. I'm 1.5 miles back in. There are two swamps about a half mile away so that explains the Moose but not the bears or lack of Deer.

If there were a simpler way to show photos I do it. My favorite Moose photo was taken this year while I was away at the Newcomb fireworks. The photo background is unique since it was right at dusk.

My favorite bear photo was also taken this year in April. I nicknamed him the Zombie bear since he looks like he should be dead and someone forgot to tell him. I think he has mange. Even in zoom it took me a half a minute to determine it was a bear. Very strange looking.

Comment

Wow, amazing shots! I don't even know, what a feeling would I have, if I saw it with my own eyes..maybe, something between stun and fear..animals are unpredictable, especially moose.

Comment

Working...
                  X