Wildlife Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marc.adin View Post
    Very hard to tell. What month was it taken? My wild and ignorant guess is baby cub rooting around.
    Pretty sure it was around June. I get a lot of deer, and the occasional bear, turkey and coyote shots. This was my first fox, hoping to get a fisher whose sign I also see around. I think it's a fox. I have heard their crazy screeching at night and found an active den with pups nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by dmartenvt View Post
      Pretty sure it was around June. I get a lot of deer, and the occasional bear, turkey and coyote shots. This was my first fox, hoping to get a fisher whose sign I also see around. I think it's a fox. I have heard their crazy screeching at night and found an active den with pups nearby.
      "Crazy Screeching" sounds like coyotes.
      Foxes yap like puppies.
      Jim

Comment

Originally posted by dmartenvt View Post
        dmartenvt,
        did it sound like the red fox at ~4:00 minutes in the linked video?

Give a man/woman or child a fish or meat and feed them for a day. Teach them how to fish or hunt and feed them for a lifetime - and they'll never forget you.

My photos cannot be used without my written permission.

Comment

Way too heavily bodied for a fox or a coyote, or a wolf for that matter.
          Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Scrabble View Post
            "Crazy Screeching" sounds like coyotes.
            Foxes yap like puppies.
            Jim
            I record the animals - I don't have a handy way to upload the fox alarm cries that I've recorded, but this is what I'm talking about. I hear the coyotes much more frequently and their crazy yapping is a different crazy. Fox alarm cries; definitely more zombie apocalypse especially when close and getting closer. Blair witch even.

http://youtu.be/gVLvw-LhWyQ

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhawk View Post
              dmartenvt,
              did it sound like the red fox at ~4:00 minutes in the linked video?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...=0&FORM=VDFSRV
              Yes, and it sounds so much creepier at night! I was watching a den next door, so I know their were 4 pups and two parents around this spring.

Comment

Ain't no fisher

It isn't a fisher--to big to bushy. A fisher is more streamlined and its body shape resembles an otter--only furred. I would say coyote based on the large fully furred tail, but the lower legs are dark which leads me to believe that it is a well furred fox. But, coyotes come in all sizes, shapes and color variations also so----.
                I caught a trail cam pic of a fisher a few years ago, at night, and it looked a lot different than your foto. They tend to drag their tail and it is narrower, and they are black. It showed up on the night trail cam foto as more of a black animal where a coyote shows up as a full fuzzy grey.
                Keep that cam out there and hope for a better pic next time. That's the fun of the trail cam---never know what you will see out there.

I have a pic of a deer with a brisket tumor. You'll notice a tumor hanging between his front legs. Per Encon biologist in Schenectady, this is caused by an injury (something got jabbed into him) and is not harmful to the deer unless it becomes large enough to physically hamper his movement and ability to browse. My fisher pic is off the computer so I cannot add that.
                Attached Files

Comment

Pics didn't go through

Going back, I cannot view the pics I loaded. Not sure why. I'm electronically challenged anyway.

Comment

Try again

Trying this again for the Tumor Deer.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Can't view the photos, Love checking the trail cam, lately nothing but lots of deer. Every once in awhile I'll get some odd humans on it who don't appear to notice it. I got one dog once that looked like a mastiff on steroids, never saw such a muscled creature, it looked otherworldly. I've seen fisher in real time on the property, but they've been pretty elusive on the camera.

Originally posted by stillok View Post
                      Trying this again for the Tumor Deer.

Comment

Working...
                      X