Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hunting and Fishing in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2017, 10:37 PM   #1
Ricky277d

Crane pond PLWA, goose pond, or lost pond?

Hey everyone first post here lol, been planning a 4day trip to the PLWA for some fishing and will be my first time in this area. I was just curious if anyone could lend a hand on informing me what the trail conditions are like?? I'll be bringing my old town stillwater canoe and my gear on my heavy duty cart and just wondering how rough and rocky these trails really are. I've read many mixed things about them but can't find the answer I'm looking for. I'll be using a 6wt and 4wt for trout hopefully all goes well. Was also looking at thirteenth lake for landlocks but not too sure on that yet it'll be another post lol. Thanks guys any info is greatly appreciated!!!

P.S. not looking for any fishing secrets just looking for info if the trails are cart friendly thanks!

Rick

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited by Ricky277d; 09-15-2017 at 11:30 PM..
Ricky277d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:46 AM   #2
Justin
Moving along

Welcome Ricky,
Crane Pond Road is fairly easy to cart along, though it is a little bumpy & muddy, and the road does pass through several inches of water about 60 yards long near Alder Pond. In fact, people with high clearance vehicles do still drive the road (including DEC), even though the road is technically closed on paper beyond the state land boundary. I was at Crane last weekend and only caught one small perch. The trails to Goose Pond & Lost Pond are very rocky and not very cart friendly at all IMO. Best of luck, and please keep it clean.
- Justin

Last edited by Justin; 09-16-2017 at 05:01 AM..
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 09:09 AM   #3
Ricky277d

Thanks Justin, I carry in and carry out no worries here. You answered the questions perfectly, really wanna try goose as it says it carry's splake but maybe I'll lean more towards Crane seeing as it's a friendlier path and supposably hols salmon and lake trout.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Ricky277d is offline   Reply With Quote