Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Hiking in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2016, 03:39 PM   #1
DSettahr
ɹǝqɯǝɯ

Sly Pond/Little Moose Mountain

Has anyone done the hike to Sly Pond in recent years? I found a nearly 10-year old trip report that makes it sound like the trail is virtually un-maintained. Just wondering if this is still the case- this hike is on my radar for the upcoming warmer months.
DSettahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:02 PM   #2
IndLk_Brett

Did you ever end up making this trip to Sly Pond?

I've been looking at it on the map for some time now and am planning to head up and see it for myself sometime this summer. A quick search of the forum and your thread and the older one you referenced were the only bits of info I found.

I've yet to decide if I'm going to take the trail (if there is still a followable trail to take) or if I'm just going to bushwhack my way up Little Moose Mnt. from Moose River Plains road to the north. I've spent time exploring that general area while hunting, but have yet to make it as far as the pond.

I was just curious if you ever went and if so what the condition of the trail was.

Last edited by IndLk_Brett; 01-12-2017 at 07:55 PM..
IndLk_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 03:11 PM   #3
DSettahr
ɹǝqɯǝɯ

No, I'd hoped to last summer but for a variety of reasons (mostly having to devote time towards finishing my Master's Thesis) I never made it out there.
DSettahr is offline   Reply With Quote