Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Paddling in the Adirondacks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2010, 09:45 PM   #1
adkeditor

Paddling site

I know it's the wrong time of year, but I just created a Blogspot site for Adirondack Paddling with links to 25 trip descriptions (so far). I'll be adding more stuff. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Here's the link.

btw, I don't see it as in competition with this forum. It's more of a resource page.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:09 AM   #2
Deb dePeyster

Thank you for this. It looks like my lifetime wish list.
Deb dePeyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
adkeditor

You're welcome, Deb. I posted links to five other trips yesterday. More to come. We should have lots more by spring.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
Yakker

I think it's a great idea, and the timing is great. It will be a great resource for planning next years trip(s)! It's like winter reading for me!
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau, Walden (1854)
Yakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #5
PA Ridgerunner
Just a hiker...

Thanks, Phil. This is a great resource. Once we get over our obsession with this silly little list we're working on (only 5 to go!), we're planning to get our boat in the water a little more frequently. Thanks again!

Rule #6: Don't take yourself so G.D. seriously. There are no other rules. - Zander
PA Ridgerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:58 AM   #6
darnedsox

An appreciative THANKS from this guy too. Nice to have a bunch of stuff to look at and easy for old guys to remember. It's an ordeal for a disorganized person to sit down here every winter-spring and try to dial back interesting suggestions of new paddle spots or changes in some of the old ones.
Bill
Old 07-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #7
ndru

i've noticed that a few of the links under "Suggested trips" redirect to adirondackexplorer.org , and that you need to be a registered subscriber to read them.

others lead to a - Error 404 - Page Not Found
ndru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:38 PM   #8
Edb 46 er

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkeditor View Post
I know it's the wrong time of year, but I just created a Blogspot site for Adirondack Paddling with links to 25 trip descriptions (so far). I'll be adding more stuff. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Here's the link.

btw, I don't see it as in competition with this forum. It's more of a resource page.
Useful resource and thank you.
Edb 46 er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:55 PM   #9
rickhart

Edb 46er: A couple of years ago he put many of these trips, and lots more, into a book: _Adirondack Paddling: 60 Great Flatwater Adventures_, Phil Brown, Lost Pond Press, 2012. It is well worth buying, since you seem to be looking for paddle adventures in the ADKs.
rickhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:48 PM   #10
Edb 46 er

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickhart View Post
Edb 46er: A couple of years ago he put many of these trips, and lots more, into a book: _Adirondack Paddling: 60 Great Flatwater Adventures_, Phil Brown, Lost Pond Press, 2012. It is well worth buying, since you seem to be looking for paddle adventures in the ADKs.
Thanks for the tips guys. Now transportation from town to trail heads is my next obstacle.
Edb 46 er is offline   Reply With Quote