Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > Adirondack Wildlife
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2015, 08:43 PM   #41
Wldrns

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcanoe View Post
My house.

Today had four.
Can't be that many eagles in one place. I believe you, but as was said in his post above, serotonin will surely accuse you of miscounting the same bird thrice or more, or maybe it was Sasquautchii instead.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:23 PM   #42
Gman

I've had a dry spell (3 weeks) but just saw an imature one....and once again was with a raven. I was within 40 feet but by the time I got stopped and the window down it and the raven had flown 200 yards across the lake. The were sitting in the tree a couple feet apart.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:13 AM   #43
Jeffsbacon

South Bay of lake Champlain, they nest at the head of the bay. Over 20+ pairs according to a DEC officer I spoke with
Jeffsbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 06:08 PM   #44
wiiawiwb

At the north end of Ballston lake.
wiiawiwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 07:34 AM   #45
Tug Hill

We have a mature pair and 2 juveniles that have taken up residence on my property here on Tug Hill. Actually it is now quite common to see them.
Tug Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:28 PM   #46
Pauly D.

Moreau Lake state park has them. I had one buzzing over me today while fishing. Also try Stewarts Pond at the Conklingville Dam in Hadley. There's a short trail off Conklingville-Lynwood road that runs to a small bay. Look at the top of the tallest tree across the bay to the right. You may see this.

I took this photo a few years ago but eagles typically use the same nests year after year. These little guys were loud as hell and would squawk at me while I fished from shore. They got really loud when Mom came home which was right around sunset everyday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0029.jpg (130.7 KB, 99 views)
Old 05-28-2016, 11:07 PM   #47
Connecticut Yankee
Connecticut Yankee

When I paddled the Connecticut River 2 summers ago, I saw Eagles (plural) every day of the trip, I don't think it was the same eagle jumping ahead of me for 400 miles over 9 days. Where Wldrns was paddling in the Yukon the waterway is so massive that it can most certenly support many birds of prey.

When I was stationed at Cold Bay Air Force Station back in 1971-2 we would sometimes see a dozen or more hanging out around the dump.

I see Eagles fairly often while paddling the St Regis Canoe area. Keep your eyes on the top of the tallest trees around the ponds , locations that have good views of the entire pond.

Just spend your time observing around most any Adirondack water and you'll be rewarded with Eagle sightings.

John M.
Connecticut Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 12:11 AM   #48
Billy9565

We've seen them flying over long lake last couple of years
Billy9565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:28 PM   #49
JohnnyVirgil

Cedar River Flow has a couple. I've been seeing them for the last two years.
JohnnyVirgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:31 PM   #50
chrs

2 weeks ago I was one on Cranberry.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
chrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:49 PM   #51
WalkingStick

I second wiiawiwb's claim. I saw a bald eagle on the north end of Ballston Lake in late April. I had a friend see one there last year and I had been hoping to see one as well. Luck was on my side. I felt fortunate to spot it flying overhead, but I'd love to see one a bit closer while its nesting in a tree.
WalkingStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 03:19 PM   #52
Tick Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingStick View Post
I second wiiawiwb's claim. I saw a bald eagle on the north end of Ballston Lake in late April. I had a friend see one there last year and I had been hoping to see one as well. Luck was on my side. I felt fortunate to spot it flying overhead, but I'd love to see one a bit closer while its nesting in a tree.
Taken from my back deck in the aforementioned community, early May of this year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E2 - Copy.JPG (107.8 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by Tick Magnet; 06-03-2016 at 10:52 AM..
Tick Magnet is online now   Reply With Quote