Adirondack Forum  
Rules Membership Donations and Online Store Adkhighpeaks Foundation ADKhighpeaks Forums ADKhighpeaks Wiki Disclaimer

Go Back   Adirondack Forum > The Adirondack Forum > General Adirondack Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2018, 07:10 PM   #1
geogymn

Hinckley to Blue Mt. Lake

One could walk from Hinckley Reservoir to Blue Mt. Lake without encountering any improved road. And the only seasonal road one would have to cross is the Moose River rd.

Correct me if false, if you please.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:47 PM   #2
montcalm
Mobster

Well technically from shore-to-shore you'd have to cross 28 and 8, but also if you needed to stay on public land, you'd have to cross Haskell Rd, I believe.
montcalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 04:59 PM   #3
Lucky13

I'm with Montcalm on this one. ' Splain please geogymn.
Lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 08:23 PM   #4
geogymn

I was attempting to convey the large, road less, expanse of woods that we are blessed with. Haskell Rd. was a good catch ( Thx Montcalm) but private vs public land wasn't a concern in my day dream. But are there any other roads, than what has been mentioned, obstructing my refuge?
Old 10-27-2018, 09:39 PM   #5
montcalm
Mobster

Not that I know of. Haskell Rd is easily avoided if you cut across private lands. There's only a small portion between Black River WF and West Canada Lakes Wilderness that one would have to cross to avoid roads.

But yeah, the BRWF aside, West Canada Lake Wilderness, Moose Mountain Wilderness and Moose River Plains WF is a HUGE expanse of what is basically, wilderness, barring the few dirt roads in Moose River Plains and trails that allow bikes.

Most of BRWF is pretty remote, and unaccessable by road as well.
montcalm is offline   Reply With Quote